First week weight loss

Options
eemott
eemott Posts: 46 Member
Can you tell me how much you lost your first week or so? I'm just curious so I have something to compare to. Thanks!

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Some don't lose any, some lose 10. It depends on your body and how much water weight you have to lose.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    My first week I only lost four pounds. I didn't get discouraged, and I noticed a pickup during the second week. The "magic of ketosis" didn't really kick in for me until the third week.

But when it did, it did with a fire. It was great!
  • trisharoberts75
    trisharoberts75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can tell you Monday when I do my weigh in lol It'll be exactly a week from when I started
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • penguin817
    Options
    I will tell you tomorrow... However I wonder if it is possible that I am not getting enough carbs??? I am eating a lot of protein and my carbs are below 20 each day.... I have not weighed myself yet so I don't know what is going on, all I do know is that I am not hungry or craving sweets, so I think I am on the right track.
  • penguin817
    Options
    Ok - so as promised, I would update you upon weigh in this morning.... I am please to report I lose 5lbs on my first week. I feel full, and am happy with my results. I am motivated to keep going!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    first week induction loss - 4.8#

keto level was consistently moderate - 'true plus' brand test strips

sedentary desk job

hypothyroidism
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in was on Monday, and I was down 7lbs... Kat :)
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    First weigh in was today, down 4lbs
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    one week yesterday.....7 lbs...yay!!!. most of it was first 3 days. was losing about 1 1/2 lbs each day (water) then 1/2 lb each day so far...hopefully it continues.
  • guppi4ever
    Options
    This is my first week on Atkins Induction........ I used to do Atkins yearzzzzzzzz ago when it was "taboo".. I'm so used to doing
    just the 20 carbs that when I started reading more about the newer way, and the 'net carbs", sugar alcohol, fibers, etc.. I just
    didn't know what to think! So far, this week I have only lost 1.4 pounds. And I lost 1.6 of my weight the first day... I'm so discouraged already. I'm so afraid that what I am eating is doing more damage than good. I'm 54 years old and I'm concerned about the fats.. yes, I understand the theory.. I'm just afraid of those whole concept now that I'm older. I don't want clogged arteries...... :noway:

I seriously need some encouragement. A few years ago I weighed 24 pounds heavier than I am now.. I gained about 9 or so back.. I initially lost it by just eating right and walking miles everyday. I can't do the walking anymore because I have such problems with my feet and the weight just decided to stop coming off!! SO, I thought I would go back and try this again. I am stuck at 150.2. It will not budge!! :grumble: I would love to get back down to 127-130. Which is completely realistic for my height. I'm only 5'3".

Can anyone shed light on the net carbs and regular carbs and what the heck I should really be doing the first 2 weeks? I bought the strips and they are not turning purple (which I really didn't expect the first 2-3 days).. but I do now!! I'm following what I thought I was supposed to do.. but now I just don't know.

Help?! :sad:

Thank you!!!
    Barb
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am not following Atkins, at least not yet, but aim to reduce the amount of carbs in my diet more gradually. Currently about 100g per day. I've only been doing this about a week, lost 5 lbs. I had a scary day yesterday, though, light-headed and head-achy all day. So far, so good, this morning.
  • guppi4ever
    Options
    Well I broke that 150 mark...... FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I thought my scale was broken. LOL Even though it is only 149.6.. , it has
    been out of the 150's for 2 days. That in itself makes me feel great. I'm feeling better about sticking with it now.

Also, I seem to be getting closer to ketosis.. I'm in the moderate zone. Apparently I'm a slow mover, but better slow than not at all. :happy:
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week, and lost 8 lbs.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I have 2 full days to go, Sunday and Monday and Tuesday will be my new week.
    Even though it hasn't been a week yet, I've lost 8 pounds but I have a lot to lose. I've also been exercising, I know you're not supposed to but I'm sedentary. I'm fatigued right after I exercise but not dizzy or anything.
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    first week weigh in this morning and lost 7.5lbs :) very happy with this even though I know it will be water weight as I bloat very easily after eating junk....and I ate a lot of that over xmas and new year! I've not exercised and don't really plan to until maybe later this week, had headaches on day 2 but was drinking chicken bovril every day so didn't really experience any other side effects.
    I'm planning to stay on induction for a while but plan adding some almonds after week 2 has finished.

Good luck everyone!

P.s. my partner lost 3lb on week one even though she weighs more than me, so to those of you out there not losing big numbers don't worry...just keep going and remember that everyone is different ;)
  • chownot
    chownot Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lost 5 lbs first week. For those in doubt, when I've done low calorie, low fat diets it could be a month or two before losing 5 lbs. Also, someone told me to drink a "Zero" drink if you have headaches or Atkins flu, as it replaces electrolytes, and it worked. I also found that "dieters tea" helps with constipation.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    10 pounds
  • tfreckles8
    Options
    Lost 8 lbs first week. :smile:
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This morning marks the week one of me being on Atkins & I'm down 10 pounds. :happy: I can't actually see any results (in the mirror or in my clothing), but I'm trusting the scale. It says that my weight is going down and I'm gonna believe it.