Keto pizza recipe

Options
craudi
craudi Posts: 126 Member
Just made this last night and it was awesome! I had to add a bit extra almond flour because I used some part of my cheese from a mozzarella ball which had extra moisture.

http://www.nuttyabouthealth.com/2012/12/01/low-carb-keto-pepperoni-pizza/

Replies

• allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night and it was awesome! I had to add a bit extra almond flour because I used some part of my cheese from a mozzarella ball which had extra moisture.

http://www.nuttyabouthealth.com/2012/12/01/low-carb-keto-pepperoni-pizza/

Looks delicious!! I'm going to have to pick up Almond flour!! I got coconut flour and I flipping hate it
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like to just put some shredded cheese on a plate and then top it with pepperoni slices and microwave for about 45 seconds. I guess that's the lazy woman's keto pizza recipe. :)
  • craudi
    Options
    I like to just put some shredded cheese on a plate and then top it with pepperoni slices and microwave for about 45 seconds. I guess that's the lazy woman's keto pizza recipe. :)

Haha, I like it!! :)
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Keto pizza you say? Here is my idea of the perfect keto pizza!

http://www.savoryreviews.com/2012/10/06/bacon-crust-pizza/

I love bacon and cheese...let me know if anyone else tries this!
  • darlingdani83
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that bacon crust pizza looks amazing! Anything that has bacon and pizza AND is low carb is a winner in my book!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    yummy I have to try this
  • Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This looks freaking amazing!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Try the meatza instead! The 'crust' is made of ground beef, so should have even less carbs.
  • craudi
    Options
    Try the meatza instead! The 'crust' is made of ground beef, so should have even less carbs.

I love meatza...but I normally use italian sausage instead of ground beef and it's sooo good! But I really liked this cheesy/almond flour version too because it's quick, not too messy (the meatza I normally have to drain midway through cooking) and it's almost like eating the old thing. :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    We don't have italian sausage here, else I surely would give it a try. I mix garlic powder, oregano and rosemary through the ground beef with salt, pepper and eggs.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hanab1987
    hanab1987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mmm looks tasty! Is almond flour readily available? Don't recall ever seeing it before but never looked I suppose!

Her spinach lasagna looks really good too!
  • craudi
    Options
    Mmm looks tasty! Is almond flour readily available? Don't recall ever seeing it before but never looked I suppose!

Her spinach lasagna looks really good too!

I can find almond flour in most grocery stores now, but the best price is on amazon (that i've found) by buying a 5 lb bag. It's a huge bag that has it's own spot in my fridge now, but it's worth it...and lasts in the fridge.