Rebooting the Keto

Options
fangirlish
fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
Hi all, Fangirlish here. New to this community and very pleased to find a comm with a link to TheDietDoctor in the group info.That's a great site.

I am a type 2 diabetic, eating keto since April 2013 to control blood glucose primarily. I fell off the wagon in September and October due to a houseful of company and two wonderful trips, but started back on the keto wagon last week. Today is Day 7 and so far so good.

My goals are set at these macros: 85% fat, 10% protein and 5% carbs on 2400 calories a day. Some people are shocked when they hear that information, but know that y'all here in the keto group understand. I have noticed some improvement with both my fasting and post-prandial BG readings.

I'm looking forward to sharing the ups and downs of the keto journey with others who eat this way. I don't know if keto is the long-term answer to improving my health, but for now it certainly seems to be working!

Replies

• arcadia1983
    arcadia1983 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there and good luck with your journey!
    We have very similar macros at the moment, I just try (not always succeed) at staying lower in calories, just in case, even though I noticed calories really only matter so much when you're in ketosis anyway :)
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Good to know there are others with those high-level macros. I just recently upped my calories because I found myself wanting more protein and it's hard for me to keep the macros without upping the calories. I'm hoping it will work; my KR is always over 2 (well, for the last week or so) so at that rate calories shouldn't matter (but we all know that sometimes they really do).

Nice weight loss on your part - whatever you are doing appears to be working for you.
  • puckertoe
    puckertoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I started my Keto journey this week too... I'd like to know how you're doing.