November Whole30?

Options

Replies

• degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    is there a recipe? :) I made some totally yummy chicken soup last night from homemade broth. used turnips instead of potatos and I can't quite jive with the brussel sprout flavor of rutabaga. :wink:

Yes, there is :) I'm contemplating starting a Paleo/Primal food blog, so I wrote everything down and took lots of pictures. For some reason, I feel like I'm not allowed to link it here, so I'll copy-pasta the method :}.....

Thank you! :)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Day 6 and I am tired... someone else said that I am eating to many sweet things (fruit and sweet potato). :( this is going to be even harder now...
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I started paleo this week not been on it 100% but trying hard. I am in if it's not too late to join. If anyone wants to add me that would be great going to need lots of support. I am intolerant to eggs, beef, dairy and gluten so I will really need to look at what I can eat. Now going to look at whole 30.
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I did the whole30 earlier this year and was so happy with my results! I'm doing another, on Day 5 now. So, I guess that means I'm in for November too!! Good luck to everyone and if this is your first time, trust me, you won't be disappointed.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi I started paleo this week not been on it 100% but trying hard. I am in if it's not too late to join. If anyone wants to add me that would be great going to need lots of support. I am intolerant to eggs, beef, dairy and gluten so I will really need to look at what I can eat. Now going to look at whole 30.
    Feel free to hop right in :) You can read about the Whole30 experience over on whole9life.com. They have a lot of tools to help get you started and keep you on track. I personally signed up for the daily email thing they offer and it's been a wonderful resource!

Sounds like everyone is doing amazing!
    I really struggled last night with what to do with myself. For some reason, sitting at home and catching up on TV shows seemed like a really lame Friday. Where has my social life gone? Everything revolves around eating and drinking, boo! I need to brainstorm some activities that focus on neither, but that are also fun so my friends won't give me the half-cocked-eyebrow look.
  • climberchic
    Options
    Hey! How did you get a pic on here?
  • climberchic
    Options
    Well, fell off the wagon today! Don't ask, I'm completely ashamed. Looks like day 1 for me tomorrow! Hope everyone else had a successful weekend.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have been paleo for 4 days now and about 80% paleo for a week before that. Not sure if my experience is typical but for now I feel amazing. I have more energy, much less stress, feel euphorically happy the kind of LOL happy and for the first time ever in my life I have my appetite under control and am not craving. I am also losing weight and have a renewed interest in food, I had become bored with my usual foods. The only downside is my skin is terrible hoping this improves as I am a 42 year old with acne not cool. I am not whole 30 yet as still eating nakd bars (like Lara bars) but for me this is a huge improvement I have never eaten so any veggies. Looking forward to great results.
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 6 and I am tired... someone else said that I am eating to many sweet things (fruit and sweet potato). :( this is going to be even harder now...

I am now enjoying my sweet potato and fruit. Why would you be eating too much? Is it causing you to become tired?

I must admit that during this Whole30 even though it's only been 1 week for me so far, I have had to incorporate more things like sweet potato and fruits to keep my meals interesting and to keep me going. Like I'm used to eating my hubby's homemade bacon, but because he cures with organic brown sugar, that is a no no for me at this present time so I have to find alternate ways to fill my plate (and my tummy). I guess if the carbs are making you tired you can try to cut down and see if you notice a difference. I don't find that I'm any more tired than usual. Today will be a struggle for me because last night's sleep was awful but pretty sure my food won't do that to me.

On another slice of Whole30, I was at my parents house yesterday and they had some friends over for tea. I was so tempted even just to have a cup with some milk and no sugar, but I was able to resist and had a glass of water and some sundried raisins instead. All the other goodies also stayed right there on the table where they belonged.

Next weekend will be similar as we have family coming in and we are having another little get together, but I'm researching a recipe for paleo mealballs so I will make a Whole30 friendly version so at least I have something to eat!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Options
    Hey! How did you get a pic on here?
    You use image tags. {img}imageurl.jpg{/img}, Replace { } with [ ].
    I have been paleo for 4 days now and about 80% paleo for a week before that. Not sure if my experience is typical but for now I feel amazing. I have more energy, much less stress, feel euphorically happy the kind of LOL happy and for the first time ever in my life I have my appetite under control and am not craving. I am also losing weight and have a renewed interest in food, I had become bored with my usual foods. The only downside is my skin is terrible hoping this improves as I am a 42 year old with acne not cool. I am not whole 30 yet as still eating nakd bars (like Lara bars) but for me this is a huge improvement I have never eaten so any veggies. Looking forward to great results.
    Taking the plunge into Paleo is hard and committing to the Whole30 is even harder! My first month, I was strict Paleo, but I had 3 pre-planned cheat days where I had already committed to social gatherings, where I knew I could not conform. I also ate a lot of paleo-ized treats (Laughing Giraffe Snakaroons, Coco-roons, paleo waffles, etc.), but still that first month was hard. After that, I did about 2 months of 90/10 Primal (allowed dairy back into my diet) with a few bad choices here and there. All of that leading up to my first ever Whole30 actually primed me for success this month.

Your skin will definitely improve when you commit to the strict Whole30. Once it clears up, you can start adding little things back in to see what in your diet causes those flare ups--I think most skin related issues are soy or gluten caused, but this is pure speculation on my part.

Everyone is doing so well! Even those of us who have messed up--owning up to that and starting over takes courage!

I really notice my clothes fitting quite differently. I'm anxious to see how far the scale has budged, but I have so very long to wait and see. I also had my first dream about food last night, lol. I was trying to convince myself that this nougat-y, delicious looking, nut laden thing was Whole30 compliant, even though it was oozing with honey. I woke up before I convinced myself either way XD
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    How everybody is doing? I personally do not feel anything. I am not better or worse than prior the whole 30. I expected some major breakthrough or epiphany, but it is nothing. I am not tired neither energized. It is the 11th day. . Yesterday I had my monthly big baking , and I did not eat a single piece. It was hard not because of craving, but because we baked together as a family. My 5 yrs old was so proud of the result and it was hard to say to him that mommy not even going to taste what he baked with such excitement.
    Other than that no withdrawal symptom neither sudden awesome feeling.
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I went out for dinner last night one a whim. I had spent the day swimming in a river and bush walking and the weather was so amazing and then it was suddenly 8:30pm. My friends then decided to do dinner out and seen as they were my ride home I had to follow them. I was was so hungry and thinking I wouldn't be able to eat anything there but the waitress and chef were so kind and they made me my own special whole 30 compliant meal :) and it was delish.
  • crisgetsfit14
    Options
    I would never want to do a Whole30 over Thanksgiving!!! #blasphemy lol
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Well, I am Canadian, so our thanksgiving was in October...
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    I'm not doing a Whole 30 but am strongly considering it in January. Just wanted to say you all rock! Keep up the great work and best of everything in your journey through W30. :bigsmile:
  • Kaelitr0n
    Options
    I plan to kosher and eat an entire duck for Thanksgiving. There shall be no regrets!
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a company lunch and I was worried that where we were going wouldn't have anything that I could eat. Luckily I was able to get a great piece of fish that was amazingly seasoned and some lovely fresh organic veggies!! Today I have my own lunch and I can't wait!! Lamb stew, yummmmm!

Otherwise, feeling awesome and keeping at it!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Options
    I dreamed about cheese last night. Delicious, creamy, wonderful cheese. Does anyone else dream about food? heh

I'm primed and ready for Day 12.

Day 11 was a bit of a disaster. I had a way hurried breakfast as I was running out the door, then got stuck at the salon until after 1, after which I had to rush to work. The stew I brought for lunch opened and spilled in my bag, so I had no lunch to eat. Luckily, I also packed an avocado, so I ate that with a spoon at my desk and felt a little bit weird about it.

Despite everything, I didn't skip my workout! I have some new accountabili-buddies at work and we're really focusing on getting each other to the gym. I have two days to make up for from last week, so I have to work out pretty much every day this week, to achieve my Day 0 goals for the month.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I dreamed about cheese last night. Delicious, creamy, wonderful cheese. Does anyone else dream about food? heh

I'm primed and ready for Day 12.

Day 11 was a bit of a disaster. I had a way hurried breakfast as I was running out the door, then got stuck at the salon until after 1, after which I had to rush to work. The stew I brought for lunch opened and spilled in my bag, so I had no lunch to eat. Luckily, I also packed an avocado, so I ate that with a spoon at my desk and felt a little bit weird about it.

Despite everything, I didn't skip my workout! I have some new accountabili-buddies at work and we're really focusing on getting each other to the gym. I have two days to make up for from last week, so I have to work out pretty much every day this week, to achieve my Day 0 goals for the month.
    Funny,this is very common on a whole 30.
    I remember when I did my first one that I dreamed I had cheated with sugar and woke up feeling super guilty.
    I was very pleased to realise it was just a dream.
  • climberchic
    Options
    Yes! On my first Whole30 I dreamed I cheated and was devastated. I think I was on Day 21 and was so relieved when I woke up. I think it is common, but funny.

Good job to everyone keeping in line!!