Hi there! Carol in Wichita here!

Options
Hi Ladies - I've had My Fitness Pal on my iphone for about 6 months and have done nothing with it - but today I'm going for it - Apps kinda throw me but I'm getting more proficient.

I am starting to follow a food plan to reduce inflammation as I have arthritis in my back - I have horses and my weight is really taking it's toll on my ability to ride and enjoy them.

I've not been on a scale -the clothes I'm currently in are a 16 & XLs and I'd rather use my clothes as a guide than the scale because I get soooo depressed as my weight as it fluctuates so much week to week.

I just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else is following the "Clean Eating" group along with this one?

Thanks Ladies!
Carol Lambe
Lambee111

Replies

• padisneyfour
    Options
    welcome carol!!!
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol! I'm not an app person so I use MFP on my computer--nice that it works every which way!

I don't follow a clean eating plan per se but I'm an organic gardener so lean that way anyhow. Welcome!
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol, I know exactly what you mean by the evil scale. Even when it says my weight hasn't changed, my jeans tell me the real truth. And those days when it fluctuates by as much as five pounds makes me want to slam dunk it into the trash can.

I'd be lost without MFPs food diary and all the good support I get here. Being able to track my nutrition over months keeps me from kidding myself when an oozing dish of mac & cheese says it'll be okay. I still get to eat it, but make up for it before or after. Easier than balancing a check book. Too impatient to use the app much, I mostly use the computer. Easier on my old eyes, too. :)

Welcome and add everyone in here. You'll love this group.
  • Lambee111
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!!

Kerry - my grandparents were from Italy and had a huge garden - the only fertilizer was from their dairy cows - their tomatoes were to die for - and we would can enough to make it through the winter for fresh sauce...I admire your dedication!

I'm still getting the hang of the App and the website - did you know, if you have a smart phone that when you go to add a food to your diary there's a barcode icon that when you press it - and point the phone at the barcode on a food, that it recognizes it and all the food info is captured? Amazing!!!

Went to Applebees tonight and kinda blew the day...but not bad - nothing that cannot be recouped tomorrow - did stick to the 500 and under menu - glad they have that!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Was going to say 'hello' but can't get past the visual image of OhLeita's 'oozing dish of mac & cheese'!
    Hope the support you are looking for is here.
    Good luck.
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I never noticed this but just tried it, thanks for the info. :laugh:
    Thanks Ladies!!!

Kerry - my grandparents were from Italy and had a huge garden - the only fertilizer was from their dairy cows - their tomatoes were to die for - and we would can enough to make it through the winter for fresh sauce...I admire your dedication!

I'm still getting the hang of the App and the website - did you know, if you have a smart phone that when you go to add a food to your diary there's a barcode icon that when you press it - and point the phone at the barcode on a food, that it recognizes it and all the food info is captured? Amazing!!!

Went to Applebees tonight and kinda blew the day...but not bad - nothing that cannot be recouped tomorrow - did stick to the 500 and under menu - glad they have that!
    [/quote]
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome Carol. I too hate to weigh. I'm not loosing much or any weight but I have been moving buttons over on my pants and moving the snaps on my bras from the first clasp to the last so I'm happy. I am a member of a gym so I can get measurements every month and it shows that I'm dropping inches. I know doctors always look at weight but I think if you are eating healthy and exercising your body will change shape and respond with better vital stats.

Joyce in MS
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!!

I do a LOT of canning--mainly pickles, sauces, and low-sugar jams. I joke that anything that doesn't walk away from me I'll put in a jar. :) I was a farmer's market vendor for several years and just loved it but unfortunately have no time for it now I have a long-hour desk job.

You know, it doesn't really sound like you blew the day at Applebees--you got to go out, you made good choices, and you're back on track. That seems like a win to me!