restarting a week

So I had a terrible week and missed a few workouts, I'm so angry with myself but life got in the way. I'm a full-time nursing student (LPN-RN) doing online classes and have three children who are all involved in sports, band etc. My husband travels with his job so isn't around much to help out with getting the kids where they need to go and with homework so I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Due to all the craziness, big tests that I had to study for, 12 hour clinical on Friday and being slammed with time-consuming assignments, I missed several workouts this week. I'm assuming the best thing to do is just start this week over again tomorrow and chalk last week up to a hiccup called life.

Anyone else have this type of experience? I did P90X in the past and didn't miss one workout the entire time. I feel like I often get so upset with myself for getting off schedule that I just give up. :(

I did week 5 this past week and will be doing week 5 over again this week. I haven't noticed much weight loss in the last 2 weeks but some inches lost, of course not as much as at first. I don't want to get frustrated and give up. Needing some encouragement! :)

Replies

• photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    I'm starting week 7 over. I did workout 7 and 8 last Thursday and Friday then felt so rubbish I took Saturday and Sunday off.
    I got back on it today and completed workout 7.
    It's set me back 2 days but what's 2 days in the bigger picture.
    Better than 2 months off.

At least you are getting back on it.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    I hope you are giving yourself some slack. you have a lot on your shoulders! Missing one week is a lot better than missing many weeks or just throwing in the towel completely when life gets overwhelming. Good for you for making yourself a priority regardless of how hectic your life is!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    You do have a ton going on so I would not worry to much. I personally would just pick up and keep going where you left off rather than repeat a whole week. Things come up in life. You do not want to get discouraged if you have to miss more and have to keep restarting weeks. Whatever works for you though.

Keep at it. You have not quit and that is something to be proud of!
  • babyblues72
    babyblues72 Posts: 8 Member
    I did an extra week of workouts 1 and 2 because I had an injury and missed almost an entire week. I think it's better to do an extra week so you continue to build strength before moving on to the next set of workouts, otherwise you could get injured.
    Like you, I have a lot on my plate and am trying not to give up when I have a bad week or miss a workout. I have a hard time staying motivated once I slip up :( I'm on my last week of phase 1 and trying to keep going, though I haven't really seen any results.
  • There has been a family emergency and it looks like I won't be completing this program. Maybe when things settle down and I get my life back in order I can try again. Good luck to all of you.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    I started on November 10. I made it 4 days and life got in the way so I am starting over tomorrow. I will essentially do 3 weeks of workouts 1 and 2. My schedule has finally cleared up so maybe I will be back on track this time.