RE: Introduce Yourself

Options
Join me beginning 11/18/2103 for a countdown to avoiding packing on those Holiday pounds!! Feel free to introduce yourself and let's get this thing going!!!

Replies

• trigirl1
    Options
    Hi, I am on a journey to eat healthier, lose weight. But most of all be consistent in my eating. I seem to always go over board at parties and in group settings.
    I would love the support of this group.
  • eatzntravel
    eatzntravel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day one of a lifelong journey and I find you!. Hi. My goal is the cute dress for New Years so let's get to it.
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on a weight loss journey since July. I got off track a bit in September, but I've been serious about working out and keeping track of what I eat for the last month or so.
    25 yo female
    Height: 5'9"
    Start weight: 183.7
    Current weight: 172
    Goal weight: 140-125 (I'll see what I'm comfortable with when I get closer to my goal)

I'm also the one in charge of all the Christmas baking... so let's hope I can bake without eating! Or at least clock some extra time at the gym those days to work the calories off.

Just a quick question... this is my second year of travelling on the holidays. What do you do for working out when you're away from home and your regular equipment/gym for a week at a time? This year I'll be out of state for the whole week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas. Any suggestions besides getting my butt out into the freezing cold for walks/jogs/bike rides? (can you even ride bikes in the snow? I've never tried)
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather and .I am just finishing Lisa's 90 Day challenge and I am very excited to join her new challenge group, the last one has helped me tremendously !!! I am a very busy mother of a handsome 4 year old boy named Gage :)
    I am 32 years old and I work 50+ hours a week and I am in college studying Medical Laboratory Sciences.
    I have a very busy schedule between work, school, Tball...and, well..... life :)
    I have a Boston Terrier named Bosco, a Cat named Maxx D (My son loves Monster Jam and I let him name her !)
    I have 5 Leopard Geckos, 4 Crested Geckos, 1 Albino Pac Man Frog, 4 fish tanks (all saltwater, 1 reef, 2 preds and a seahorse tank)

I love tattoos, reptiles, and family time
    I am addicted to Scentsy ( if you don't know what it is go to heatherc369.scentsy.us and check it out ask me if you have any questions)

I am 5 ft 7 and my Goal weight is somewhere between 130-140lbs

I have been skinny most of my life, some would say too skinny at times, but I never tried...I just was. My mother always told me eating like i did was going to catch up with me some day (Thanks mom!) I started gaining some weight around 2006-2007 but that was due to living in a party city (Lake Havasu City) and doing nothing but drinking beer all day everyday for the most part but even then. i still was 150lbs and very comfortable wearing my bikini :) I moved to Florida and met my fiance in 2008 and i was still gaining weight but not too much...then in 2009 I got pregnant !!! I weighed about 215lbs the day I had my son. The weight never really came off and Ive tried working out and dieting but never stuck to it....i bounced back and forth between 175-190 lbs off and on for awhile.

I work at a place that has an industrial floor scale and after month of being frustrated about my clothes no longer fitting and being embarrassed to be out in public, I decided to sneak on the scale while no one was looking and what i saw HORRIFIED me!! I weighed 209lbs!! Almost as much as i did when I was 9 months pregnant! I cried a little but that's the kick in the butt i needed to get me going to finally lose this fat forever and GET MY BODY BACK!! I have figured out the places I went wrong before, like trying to change everything all at once. SO i decided to start slowly with small goals every week or two. The day I stepped on the scale was 7-22-2013, and I vowed to change my life for good!

5ft 7
    HW 209
    CW 183
    GW 140
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I'm so excited to meet all of you!! Heather-Glad that you joined and as always I enjoy hearing from you. Heather has been doing great in her weight loss journey. This is going to be a lot of fun and we can do this!!!!!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    HI Melissa! Do you have a laptop with a DVD player. If you do I would recommend taking along some DVD's if possible for travel. I know that's been successful in the past for many. Is there a local gym nearby your travel destination that you may have access to? I hope this helps. If I can do anything for you let me know. Have a great day.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good Morning or even afternoon in other parts of the world. I am Mindy 32, 241 and 5'3". My goal would be to lose 10 pounds by Christmas -
  • Bmar26
    Bmar26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Marion ... I've been on a weight loss journey on and off for about 2 1/2 years. I started out at 235 lbs back then and managed to lose 40 lbs to go on a mountain hike I'd wanted to do most of my life, unfortunately once I hit that goal, I lost focus and gained back some of that weight. I started getting serious about weight loss and healthier living again at the beginning of September, I was 216 at that time as of last week I'm down to 199. I feel more focused then I have in a long time, so feeling pretty good about achieving my goal to lose weight and live healthier.

Looking forward to be a part of this support group, and hoping to inspire and be inspired ....
    Marion
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Welcome! That is a reasonable goal and you can do it! We are here for you!
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Tina. I have been using MFP for over 2 years now. I come and I go. My goal is eventually to be under 145 lbs. I'm 47 5'4". Currently battling to get and stay under 160. Keeping on track weekends and holidays are a huge battle for me so looking forward to the support. Good luck everyone!!
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

My laptop actually does not have a dvd player, but my parents definitely do. I don't own any workout dvds though because I don't have a dvd player at my apartment. (We stream everything we watch- fancy new technology, haha.) I guess I'll check and see if I can find work out videos online somewhere.

Unfortunately the yoga studio (pay per class) by my parent's house closed that branch in March and the other gyms I used to go to are members only.
  • HealthyElla83
    HealthyElla83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Thank you for starting this group! Like some of you, I'll also be travelling for the holidays and do find it difficult to work out. The holidays are definitely the most difficult since we have a busy schedule and so many not-so-healthy meals planned.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'7
    CW: 170
    GW: 125

I just joined MFP (yesterday!) and am looking for support and tips on how to best use this site. While two years ago, I was near my goal weight, the past 2 years has included eating out more and not working out as much. I saw a recent photo of me and literally gasped. That definitely was my "aha" moment.

Look forward to getting to know you all better!!
  • Queendom
    Queendom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Patricia, 34years young :smile: and I am so glad Lisa started another group. These have been very helpful. Though I joined MFP awhile ago my mind was not in the right place a couple years ago (even though I thought it was) and I fell off MFP. I have been back on this journey since July2013 and only just now finding my niche shall we say on what works for me and what doesn't. One major thing is that daily activity on purpose needs to be apart of my life. I also found counting calories is my way staying on point. This in particular was a lightblub moment for me because I was not paying as close attention as I thought.

I amped up to kick my own for the next 5 weeks and celebrate the New Year in my New Body :happy:

Have an AWESOME Tuesday everyone!!
  • ladysuperfish
    ladysuperfish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone! My name is Sheena, i'm a 30 yr old bailiff from Oklahoma City, OK. I have always struggled with my weight. as i neared my 30th i started sliding down the age old shank spiral of depression fueled by over analyzing "what i've done with my life" and "oh my gosh i'm actually getting older" leading to lots of partying, drinking, overeating and overindulging in general. I've come to my senses with all that stuff and am now ready to shed the 30 + lbs i put on during that time and get back on track. i had worked hard before all this started and was SO excited, then my crazy emotions took over and all my efforts were for naught. i know i have it in me to maintain a healthy lifestyle... it's not going to be as easy as it was in my twenties...but hopefully that will make the victory that much sweetier. This is a lifestyle, not a diet and i will find my balance, one pound at a time. Good luck to us all.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    HI! Welcome Aboard Everyone!!! I'm very happy to hear from all of you. Let's remember to stay active and support one another through this journey by posting on the board. Have a great day!!! I look forward to hearing from everyone during this 5 week period. We are going to look SMOKIN HOT for the holidays!!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I know there are a few workouts on You tube that you could probably stream line during that time. Take care and have a great day!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    this group sounds like the place to be. My nickname is queene- my daughter still thinks she's a princess at 28 and I figured I have to "outrank" her! I've been maintaining a 23-ish pound loss for the past several months. I have about 50 pounds more to go and thought I would start trying to lose again after the holidays are over. My goal is to continue my maintaining with no gains. My husband loves to bake Christmas cookies (with my help) so I need to stay on track to avoid a big gain!
  • rjordan1985
    rjordan1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rayna and I have been on MFP for over 2 years. I continuously am trying to shed some extra lbs. Sometimes I fall off months at a time however, my current journey is going on 90 days on the 19th. I'm only a few lbs away from hitting 30lbs in 90 days!! I'm very excited and hope to shed that 1.8lbs in the next week.

Here are my stats:
    H: 5'4"
    SW 8/19: 190
    CW 11/12: 161.8
    GW: 150
    UGW: 130

I feel if I make mini goals and accomplish them, I"m that much closer to my ultimate goal! Excited to be motivated through the holidays, usually the time of year I'm gaining.
  • sljnz29
    sljnz29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melissa,

My name is Stacey, I just joined this group and saw your post.

The Black Friday sales are coming up and last year they had the travel DVD players on sale. You can always look for one of those to take with you when you travel. It comes in handy especially when traveling for work or other things.

Just thought I would share.
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I'm fairly new to the MFP site... I've made some awesome friends and looking forward the the motivation and support to get me thru these next 5-6 weeks...I have a smokin red dress that my husband would love to see me in for New Years, so who am I to disappoint LOL... I really want to wear it to shut the haters and naysayers up? (naysayers) is that actually a word... anywho... Good luck to everyone and let the fun begin:flowerforyou: :happy: :wink: