Paleo for One

FitMolly182
FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
Does anybody have any good single serve paleo recipes?

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    I think making a single serve recipe is a waste of time even if you are living alone. Make a regular dish that serves 4, freeze half of it( 2 servings), eat one serving for dinner, and you have 1 serving for next day lunch ,
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    I think making a single serve recipe is a waste of time even if you are living alone. Make a regular dish that serves 4, freeze half of it( 2 servings), eat one serving for dinner, and you have 1 serving for next day lunch ,

^^^ This is what I do as well, or for things that won't freeze well, I tend to make a couple of them at a time and switch them up over the next few days.

I cook this way for two reasons: 1) I'm lazy....if I'm putting in the effort, I want it to pay off more than once, and 2) energy/fuel conservation. Every little bit counts, so if you're heating up your oven/grill/stovetop to cook for yourself, you might as well make the most of it!
  • There's a book that someone here tipped me off to called Make Ahead Paleo. Excellent ideas for some fairly simple recipes that save time - and includes a listing of recipes that freeze well. There's also a lot of easy-to-make (and freeze friendly) recipes available on the web.

It's a bit more time consuming to cook a bunch of things ahead but once you get a system down it gets a lot easier. Good luck!

(As to your question in the OP - one suggestion is to buy value packs of meat, divide them into singles and freeze until the day you plan to use them. Put them in the fridge on the way out the door, mix in a few seasonings when you get home and fry/bake/grill, etc.)

Good luck!
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    I cook paleo for one but never ever cook single serves. I try to make a minimum of 3 servings - so that will see me through breakfast and lunch the following day or one meal plus the rest in the freezer for lazy/crazy days. I also pre-cook a lot of chicken breasts, steak and beef patties and freeze them - great for slicing up for a salad etc. If for any reason I do get caught short then my quick single serve fallbacks are an omelette or a kick *kitten* salad with whatever I can find dumped in there.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Agree with all others above. Make multiple servings if you can. Having leftovers makes it a lot easier for quick meals later in the week.

If I do cook for one, it's always breakfast (though sometimes I make it for dinner).

Bacon and eggs or an omelet is one of the only things I'll ever make one serving of. That or a protein shake (though not necessarily paleo since i use whey protein).