FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
31c86dcd1d90fab6c0d50cde03425e6f.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm happy to report that so far this morning I'm feeling much better, and the extra rest that the stomach virus forced me to get seems to have helped with the last of the cold that was hanging on. I started the morning with some home callisthenics before breakfast (with my little girl watching and saying "Great Mommy!"). Unfortunately, the weather looks like rain by the afternoon (grrrrrr). I don't see how y'all with all the gloomy rain (and snow already?!?!) can handle it!

So, I'm kinda "in between" at the moment. I am "studying" Stronglifts and finding that I probably need to build up a little strength before I begin (it was created for men & you're supposed to START with a 45# press and I just don't think I 've got that much upper body strength yet). Sad, but true. The thing is that I could probably do that at home, rather than the gym...so I'm considering that. I might also shop around gyms too, as long as I'm still in flux. Maybe my real reluctance is that I didn't get a real "Let's do it!!" vibe off the gym I went to. I mean, it's got what I need and wasn't busy, but I'd much prefer if there was a trainer there saying, "Oh yeah, that's GREAT that you want to lift heavy." (The first reaction at this first gym was literally, "No we don't have aerobics classes here." haha, he literally said those words to me.) Anyway, still waitin' for the right answer, but I think I'm getting warmer.

Marla, I am so curious to hear about your Nia hands and feet workout. Sounds really different! Cool!

oop, gotta run. readya later
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherri, the Nia instructor also does Melt which is the hand and feet thing so we did both. And boy for late in the day was it a work out with the Nia part of it, I earned my sweat!!! lol

So the Melt part of it uses small rubber balls that you gently squeeze under your feet or hands. She shows you how and with handout pics with numbers on them of where to do it.

There is a certain way carefully you move the balls. It is very tender area and if not done correctly you can hurt more than help. It was amazing afterwards how you can really feel the difference. It opens up tissue I really didn't get all the medical stuff but we had to drink water because it gets absorbed quickly into the areas.

At some point I will buy the balls and start doing it, it is only ten min per hands and feet per day and suppose to help the whole body.

Today no plans, cold, foggy day here but suppose to be partly cloudy later, maybe I will go for river walk. I have no energy today, maybe because of the late class yesterday and because my husband woke up overwhelmed by all of his problems, vented on me and now I am fighting not to be overwhelmed!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Marla, I've never heard of Nia or Melt. Will have to Google it!

Glad you're feeling better Sherry!

The sun is shining here today, but we got a blast of arctic air overnight so high temps are expected to get into the low 20's the next few days. Also there's a very cold wind.

Trainer session after work tonight. I'm trying to decide whether I should get in a run on the TM prior to our session, or wait and run outside in the morning. The fact that it was 14 degrees at my house this morning is kind of making me lean toward the TM, but we'll see how I feel about it tonight.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone welcome to another week in November! Today I ran my normal 5K route in 26:30 not bad condidering it was very windy in some parts of the route. I also worked out my shoulders just over an hour. My total burn was 823 cal in 97 minutes.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Tim I wonder if I'll ever be able to run a 5K that fast. That's awesome. Great burn today!

The person before me didn't show up for their session with my trainer so I got in early. I told him I'd come in tomorrow morning before work to run so I guess I actually have to do that now. When I told him I was skipping Pilates to go get a massage I got quite the look. :smile: What he doesn't understand is that after a massage I'm ready to kick a** again because all those aches & pains & knots are gone.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not posting yesterday. It was family day and only came on the site through my Ipad and as far as I have seen there is no way to connect with the message boards through the app.

Yesterday I got x-rays on my knee and I see my Dr. tomorrow. Thankfully through the day my calf loosened up some. No workout.