FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
fitness-inspiration-87-76074067-sz720x480-animate.png

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good Morning workout partners!

Drab and dreary here today, suppose to be a flurry this afternoon. BRRRR!!!

Had a good weekend, the kids were home for the long weekend, they went back yesterday so now I have a quiet house again. I did not make it to my exercise class on Sunday night, had all intentions of going but my in-laws dropped in for a visit so I felt I should stay home. Oh well. Yesterday I had a pretty good run on the TM, 5K. Tonight....exercise class.

I need to work on my eating. Its hard when the kids are home and there is extra food in the house that isn't normally here. I just like to pick at night....and it all adds up.

Sherry - so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Its been a long haul for you, now you can focus on getting back into the weights

Marla - the Nia workout (melt) sounds very interesting, I had to look it up online to see. Awesome!

Laura - did you end up on the TM or did you do the outside run? I have been mostly on my TM since I hurt my leg....haven't run outside since the Thanksgiving weekend in October. wow It is a cold windy day here today.

Tim - great run! WTG :)

jenmck - sounds like you are getting some good workout in, great stuff :)

mlerand62 - I have got one Christmas gift bought and that's it. Now that I have one....I want to keep going!

Joe - sounds like you are getting a lot of good workout in, I think that Sherry has good advice! I have been doing some strength workout and love them. I definitely can feel the difference.

Dale - hows the leg? Hope its healing up.

Have a great day everyone!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Still no run. :frown: It thunderstormed sporadically all day yesterday and the weather report called for it again today. I had a choice between taking my lil girl for my afternoon routine (and possibly get us both caught in a thunderstorm), or staying home with her. Either way would likely mean no run, so I chose the dryest option & stayed home...and then, it rained a little, but never did storm. Oh well. Luckily all this time at home is getting me caught up in some housework, sorting clothes, etc. Also, my eating has been pretty good (for a change) and I'm feeling a little more "svelte". :happy:

Doing some practice bench and overhead presses at home throughout the day. Core/back is sore from yesterday's exercises at home.

Being extremely distracted by loud children atm, gotta run
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It was pretty cold here this morning when I got up (7 degrees F) so I went to the gym & ran on the treadmill. I did a 5 minute warm-up walk, a 30 minute run, and a 5 minute cool-down walk. Felt better than my prior TM runs so maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it. I also really prefer running for time vs distance on the treadmill.

Sherry great job eating well! That's especially hard for me when I'm in the house.

Maureen do you have any tips for making TM running more interesting? Evening snacking is an issue for me too.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Regular Nia class today, I love that the teacher is from Seattle has a black belt which means she is top teacher, they start with white like karate. She has thousands of routines she has done for many years and every time is something new so its constantly learning new moves. Suppose to be really good for your brain doing that as well as the flexibility and exercise.

Sherry I am home too and eating is a real challenge when you can walk up to fridge or pantry anytime. I am doing good right now to, only one bad day this past week.

Where are you Laura and Maureen that its so cold? I am in the mountains in WA state, its warmed up to low 40's this week, cloudy, foggy and rainy. Building fires every night.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There is still some stiffness in my calf this morning but not much pain which is really good! My knee is still really stiff but as well the pain has susided. Anyway, due to my knee and calf I decided to not workout this morning. There is a chance I might go to the pool tonight but probably just rest the whole day. I will hopefully be back at it tomorrow morning.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This evening I ran my normal 5k and worked out my biceps and forearms...Oh yeah also burned 871 calories in 95 minutes!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota!