How are you all doing?

Options
BeyondApril
BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
I'm adding two more "10" categories to my own ten group... 10 glasses of water per day and 10 miles per week. Miles to be done by walking, running, hiking or ellipting!

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am doing well so far. Down to 168 this morning so I am right there at a pound per week. I am in for adding more water and doing 10 miles per week. (I may be doing that already, if I were to count it.)

Yesterday was Scouting for Food bag distribution and I walked over four miles. My Cub Scouts put out close to 600 bags and if we can pick up half of those next week with food for the food pantry at the church where we meet, that will be a win for the community. :-) I won't be doing the pick up next week because I have to work on a software conversion. It will be the first one of these I've missed in 11 years. Anyway, it makes me feel good to know that I've helped do something important and taught little kids to give back. (Props to my husband and 13 year old who worked with his Scout troop around his middle school and then came over and helped my very tired Cubs finish off a big neighborhood around their elementary school.)

I also worked at the free medical clinic at my church on Thursday, which is always rewarding. This week, several of the nurses commented on my weight loss and I saw an old friend for the first time in my 7 year old's life. She was volunteering as a nurse. :-) (I do medical records and test scheduling and pretty much anything front office to make the clinic run smoothly.) I really appreciate how important what I am doing for me is after seeing the consequences of not on Thursday. Several diabetics came through and a couple of women with PCOS.

I guess I will always feel better on my "give back" weeks. And a one pound weight loss is icing.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day is tomorrow. Hopefully the scale will be going in the downward direction. However, after Sandy's farewell party (and the ridiculously large piece of cake-which looked smaller through my scorpion bowl reduced eye vision) I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't lose anything. I have been working extra hard though to make up for that one night.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to add 10 miles a day on the bike. That's roughly 40-45 minutes a day.:smile:
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today! Down by 3 lbs!

149...... and 9 to go! :-)