RE: Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• sljnz29
    sljnz29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Stacey (sljnz29) I have been doing a weight loss journey for sometime. Just lately I have been getting better at staying with it and doing what needs to be done. Since January I have lost a total of 30 pounds.

Height 5'3"
    Start weight 194
    Current weight 164

Goal: Just when I feel comfortable with who I am at the moment.

Thanks for letting me join. This will be a fun journey with all of you.
  • sammoncm
    Options
    I'm going to our cabin in Colorado for Christmas, which we do every other year. If I don't get moving & get in better shape, I'm not going to have any fun! I want to sled & cross country ski & keep up with the kids. My stats: age 44yrs, happily married, kids ages 10 & 6, emotionally demanding job that I love, and 17 pounds to my target weight. I'm glad to find a group to help me stay on track, especially at this time of year. The cold dark mornings are getting to me & I'll need the support to keep moving. Yay for us!
  • Latocha85
    Latocha85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Latocha and I'm ready to lose this weight and keep it off. I'm 28 yrs old, with a 3 yrs old daughter. I weight 180 and would like to be 140 by summer 2014 :) I'm excited to start this challenge and I hope I can stay committed enough to see it through. Nice to meet everyone.
  • Reesie25
    Options
    My name is Toya, and I have been a MFP member for awhile, but I have not been as committed as I should be to living a healthier lifestyle. I wanted to join this group because I really need support, I didn't think that I did, but my reality says I do.

I don't just want to lose weight, I want to be able to resist the temptation that is unhealthy food without going overboard.

HELP!!!!

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • sportybot
    sportybot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jen! I recently moved to SoCal (Huntington Beach) and lost a good amount of fitness in the process. I enjoy exercise and eating well - and talking about it! I am all about FUN and being POSITIVE!! I don't have a lot left lose but as someone who has lost over 30 pounds I like to stay accountable. :) Nice to "meet" you all!

Female
    Height: 5'5
    SW: 164
    CW: 132
    Goal: 127
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Here is something you can do - All you need is a chair :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1CR6cmPe0
  • hungry4change81
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm Ayesha , 32, mum of 4... Going through a very stressful period .being overweight only adds depression to this equation. Am addressing it with a very positive outlook. I've set my target at a wt loss of 5-6 kgs in 5 weeks. I have started my exercise regimen from today. Feel free to view my profile.
    My goal is to docardio for minimum 45 mins daily.
    Plus squats n lower body workouts from Kathy Smith video.
    Lets help each other keep sight of our goals every single day!
    My Stats are:
    Height:4'11"
    Wt: 71.9 kgs
    To lose : 6 kgs by 20 Dec.
    Tendency to b discouraged n mope about my state! Hope to find lots of inspiration!
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I posted a topic without looking on this one! Sorry about that! I'm 19, from California.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, thanks for starting this group! Sending Aloha! I am a semi-retired school psychologist and learning to live an active lifestyle. I have 20 lbs to lose and need help because my trend is to lose a few and gain them back. I joined MFP 2011 and actually gained 10 lbs that stressful year. I recommitted Jan 2013 but still find I gain back what I lose because I indulge. I have had success in the past by sticking with an exercise and low carb diet. You just have to find something that works. I know what it takes, I just need support to keep going. My only hope to lose weight is to be consistent with being more active and cut out all the sweets. I am developing the mindset that losing weight is my #1 priority right now. Feel free to friend me as I will give you support too. Smiles :happy:
  • smilesback
    Options
    Hi, I would like to give you support too! I am here to stay focused. I am 5'1" on my tallest day and have come to believe that it really is hard for me to lose even 1 lb of weight when I maintain my weight at 1400 calories a day. How am I supposed to get a loss of 1 lb a week on such few calories? It is a lot of mental attitude on my part to increase exercise and cut calories in order to burn 500 calories a day to lose one pound a week. How much is that in kg? Feel free to friend me for more support. Smiles :happy:
  • smilesback
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm Ayesha , 32, mum of 4... Going through a very stressful period .being overweight only adds depression to this equation. Am addressing it with a very positive outlook. I've set my target at a wt loss of 5-6 kgs in 5 weeks. I have started my exercise regimen from today. Feel free to view my profile.
    My goal is to docardio for minimum 45 mins daily.
    Plus squats n lower body workouts from Kathy Smith video.
    Lets help each other keep sight of our goals every single day!
    My Stats are:
    Height:4'11"
    Wt: 71.9 kgs
    To lose : 6 kgs by 20 Dec.
    Tendency to b discouraged n mope about my state! Hope to find lots of inspiration!
    I replied and didn't attach. Sorry.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Everyone! For those of you who sent me a friend request I added you. I'm so excited to start this group. I started it because I need support and motivation too, because I have goals I want to accomplish by the end of the 5 weeks. Let's do this and kick some butt!! I'm happy to meet all of you!! I will tell you a little bit about myself. I'm from a small town in Ohio. Currently I'm working on an Associates Degree in Health Information Technology at a local college. I'm 52 years young, and I've struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life, so I understand the need for support, motivation as well as accountability. I'm also married with 2 grown children, 3 cats and tropical fish. Although it states a more recent time I joined MFP a couple of years ago. I enjoy meeting and making new friends. If there is anything I can do let me know. Have a great day!!:smile::smile:
  • hungry4change81
    Options
    Thanku! With each one of u all the way!
    :)
  • hungry4change81
    Options
    Thanku Lisa for starting this group.
    Looking for accountability on a daily basis.
    Lets post a challenge for the 5 week period. And check in everyday to post how we did that day.
    Or if there's a better idea pls share.
    I've started my exercise regime from today. Got in 48 minutes of walking at 4.6 kph. (3.46 kms)
    Plus Kathy Smith cardio workout 20 minutes( first day so still trying to get the moves right!)
    Successfully kept under the allowed 1600 cals. Infact should b eating more about 400 more.
    Well I will plan a better meal tomorrow.
    Lets do it ladies .
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So excited for this new group. I am rounding out Lisa's current 90 day challenge and it has been a great way for me to start my life-change. I met some great supporters through there too!

I'm Kellyann, 34 years old mother of a 5 year old and two cats lol. My boyfriend lives with us as well and he can pretty much eat whatever he wants without gaining weight...jerk! I'm currently just shy of 5'8 and about 193 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is around 155, but I would love to be in the 180's for Christmas!

I've had a few injuries/hiccups along the way, but my friends on MFP have given me the inspiration to keep on tracking and keep moving forward. I'm so excited to get in there and get it done!
  • smilesback
    Options
    Thanku Lisa for starting this group.
    Looking for accountability on a daily basis.
    Lets post a challenge for the 5 week period. And check in everyday to post how we did that day.
    Or if there's a better idea pls share.
    I've started my exercise regime from today. Got in 48 minutes of walking at 4.6 kph. (3.46 kms)
    Plus Kathy Smith cardio workout 20 minutes( first day so still trying to get the moves right!)
    Successfully kept under the allowed 1600 cals. Infact should b eating more about 400 more.
    Well I will plan a better meal tomorrow.
    Lets do it ladies .

I feel hesitant because if I was to post a challenge I may not reach it and then I have to deal with failure again. :frown: I have issues you can tell that apparently do hold me back from giving it my all. I am working on getting around them ...somehow, like maybe by seeing others try, I will want to try, no matter what. I hope by getting more support in our group I will keep trying. Oh what the heck! I am in!

My Personal Challenge for next 5 weeks:
    I will exercise an hour everyday.
    I will eat under 1400 calories a day

Now I feel concerned :tongue:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I stumbled upon this group! My name is Heather, and I am a very busy mom of two, working full time (50-60 hours/wk) in healthcare. Hubby stays home with my kids (4 1/2 and 19 mo). My weight loss efforts have STALLED despite me staying relatively active--mainly because my eating lately has been terrible!

As for my exercise regime I do zumba a couple times per week and I run. I ran a half marathon 11/3, but I'm going to stick to shorter distances (6 miles and under) for awhile.

My goals for the 5 week time period are to clean up my eating and drinking (I do enjoy my wine and beer!) and lose 5 pounds by the end of the challenge. So excited to join!!!
  • sugaraddict1180
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Shelly and I am an eater. Holidays are the worse part because I LOVE CANDY & COOKIES! It starts off with my moms birthday and then my birthday, then Thanksgiving then Christmas and by January, I feel HUGE. I want to start getting healthier now so I can enjoy Holiday treats without the guilt. I'm a tad bit active but need to increase my activity level because I am just not seeing the results I need to see. Feel free to add me or yell at me. I will try not to cry over my chocolate!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome newcomers I'm happy to have you aboard. Hungry4change-Posting and supporting each other daily is part of the challenge. Eating right and exercising is a great challenge in itself. We will be here for each other. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone during the next 5 weeks. It's going to be a great challenge taking a lot of self-discipline because there is going to be alot of temptation, but WE GOT THIS!!
  • sophieelouu
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sophie, and I used MFP about 2 years ago and it helped me lose about a stone!
    Of course, relationship and travel interfered and I gained it all back x2!!
    So I am aiming to lose about 30-35lbs and want to lose at least 10/15lbs before Christmas!

I am very easily distracted, this is why I love to meet new people on here, So i can cheer them on and help motivate as well as recieving motivation.

So please, give me an add/ say hello and I'd love to meet you :)

Sophie xxx