Hey!

Options
soulsnette
soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
Hey! I've been on MFP for a couple of weeks and loving it. I'm 26 and currently living in Michigan. I am a full-time Ph.D. student with a part-time job, and I have about 90 pounds to lose. I've often tried to do the "weight loss thing" on my own and felt too ashamed to discuss my struggles with other people. I would love to have new friends and support on this journey, and I can also provide support and motivation for others. Cheers :)

Replies

• hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new in this group as well - although I "started" MFP for the first time almost a year ago. It's been a lot of ups and downs for me, and I started my first year in law school this fall. I'm looking for some support and tips on how to fit working out, cooking etc. into my life. Besides school, I work part-time and I'm very active in student events, the law school's musical etc.

I haven't weighed myself yet after I came back to MFP yesterday, but I'm guessing I have about 20lbs to lose. This time I might not even weigh myself for the first week or two, just log my food and see how I feel. Also, I decided to set my MFP goal to "only" 250g/0.5lbs weight loss per week as I feel that's more realistic for me right now.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm in Michigan too. I am currently in a Masters program full time and am going to start my practicum and internship in July. I understand what you mean about the struggles with weight loss.
  • newme1850
    newme1850 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have about 50lbs to lose to get to my goal. I'm trying to exercise and eat better meals. I could definitely use a support system - most of my friends are naturally skinny or big and loving it so I stand alone :P
    I'll add you :)
    Best of luck!
  • LovePeacenHarmony
    Options
    Hey! I'm a PhD student in Illinois and I've got about 50lbs to lose and the stress of school does not help! Add me as friends or accept my requests.