WEEK 5 RESULTS........WEEK 6 CHALLENGE

Options
2»

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have to admit ... I absolutely HATED the stretching parts of the challenge in the first few weeks, but although not exactly loving it yet, I don't mind it now! (Is that progress? :laugh: ) Maybe I am liking it more now that I DO see some results :happy: - I can now straddle my legs wider and although I am not yet at getting myself down to knee height when reaching forward (my goal) I am certainly getting closer. My head is almost down to knee height when I stretch over my legs, but stretching forwards is harder somehow (must be that stomach getting in the way :laugh: ) Seeing real progress though - and even find myself going OVER the number of required minutes of stretching sometimes :noway: - would NEVER have done that at the beginning!:blushing:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My aim was to be able to bend over and touch my toes while standing without bending my knees! I have never been able to to it from right back when I was a little girl :mad:

I have enjoyed the stretching aspect of the challenge and find that my flexibility is improving. I can now stand with my feet slightly apart and touch my toes ... much better than I have ever done .... and I am working on being able to do it with my feet together ... and I think I will make it :drinker:
  • lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    FYI:
    I did not know that the Avocado was a fruit. All this time I have been using them as a veggie..CRazY
    New study says it is proven to help prevent hearts attacks in diabetic people, and helps with inflammation in the body. May also be good for people with RA..also staves off hunger for longer periods of time.
    The avocado has many other health properties. This is so good to know, I love them!
    Enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the stretching quite a bit. It's a nice way to slow down and do something for myself. I think it's awesome that my kids are copying me and joining me on the floor! My hamstrings are definitely looser, and it feels like I am living in my body more. Less stiffness- more awareness. Thanks Sheri! It's great to me more well-rounded. :flowerforyou:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My flexibility goal was to get knees closer to the floor while sitting in butterfly position. I have noticed a difference and I can sit in half lotus pose much easier. I still have a way to go, but the daily stretching is definitely helping!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So I will have to say that after 5-6 weeks of stretching progress I don't have a lot of progress! LOL I think being pregnant one keeps me from pushing a ton due to being hyper mobile but I will say it has kept me from being so stiff I can't move so that is some sort of progress right! atleast i am not going backwards!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am another one that feels like I'm not seeing much progress. There are some stretches that I can say I'm able to go deeper into but not the stretch that I put down for my goal. I'll keep going though! Still plenty of time to see some difference.
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My flexibility goal is to touch my hand flat to the floor standing straight legged. I can now touch all but the very back of my palm to the floor....woooohooo!
  • ibmgirl87
    ibmgirl87 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    With the stretching I've noticed my back feels better more often... I don't feel like I'm locking up as much
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My goal was to put my hands flat on the floor when touching my toes. When I made this goal I thought I could easily touch my toes. I as wrong. Now I'm closer to touching my toes for longer periods of time. I've also learned to use the stretch time as a time to decompress and let out the tension of the day.
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    STretching success--
    last night my straddle was slightly past 90 degrees, and I was able to lay flat between my legs (stomach, chest and face to floor)!!! Now I will work on widening my legs!
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    oops, I posted my encouragement for the tigers here, and can't delete the post, only edit!?!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Well I'm almost to goal. I did reach it one day this week. But the rest I almost. So I'm saying almost there.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My flexibility challenge is to get better at a bridge, and I can feel my back getting stronger! so excited for that! i do mini-bridges and back exercises every day.