Plank ups, plie jumos and push ups oh my!

Options
ok i'm only on weeks 3 and 4 of the work out and damn this chick is crazy!! LOL

I try so hard to do these but im just not strong enough! I know i will be so i keep practicing but WOW these moves are hard.

Im going to start the plank challage to see if i can build up my time and core strength. Right now i can barely hold a regular plank for 30 seconds let alone do the plank ups or the leg lifts and as far as the push ups i can barely do one military style push up then i'm back on my knees to finish the set.

Oh well i'll get there, if it was easy it wouldn't work as well right?!

Replies

• ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I completely agree....

What is the plank challenge?
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I PM'd you the details.
  • kelbelll83
    Options

I try so hard to do these but im just not strong enough! I know i will be so i keep practicing but WOW these moves are hard.

Im going to start the plank challage to see if i can build up my time and core strength. Right now i can barely hold a regular plank for 30 seconds let alone do the plank ups or the leg lifts and as far as the push ups i can barely do one military style push up then i'm back on my knees to finish the set.

I totally understand. I'm on week 7 but my biggest weaknesses are planks and push-ups. So when workouts 3 & 4 came along I wanted to cry. I knew that my upper body and core was weak so I made sure I did planks everyday as well as strengthening my core. If you do this it will help, I'm sure! Wait till you get to workout 7, the first circuit is push ups and planks!! ughh!! lol. Good luck!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just did as many as I could. The first time I did workout 4 I did about 2 plank leg raises before collapsing on the floor and doing donkey kicks instead. By the last time I did WO4 I could do the leg raises in plank for the whole time, which was pretty awesome! If you push to do as many as you can each time your strength will build amazingly quickly.

I did my 4th try of cardio 2 today and can now do 9 burpees in 30 seconds. The first time I tried it I only did 3 and nearly passed out LOL

Still can't do pushups to save my life though. Workout 7 starts tomorrow and boy are my knees going to get a workout lying on the floor the whole time!
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    Options
    I just did as many as I could. The first time I did workout 4 I did about 2 plank leg raises before collapsing on the floor and doing donkey kicks instead. By the last time I did WO4 I could do the leg raises in plank for the whole time, which was pretty awesome! If you push to do as many as you can each time your strength will build amazingly quickly.

I did my 4th try of cardio 2 today and can now do 9 burpees in 30 seconds. The first time I tried it I only did 3 and nearly passed out LOL

Still can't do pushups to save my life though. Workout 7 starts tomorrow and boy are my knees going to get a workout lying on the floor the whole time!

LOL

thanks for all the tips, it helps to know i'm not the only one on the floor gasping for breath!
    Im going to keep trying until i get it, i do think it's crazy for her to expect us to go right to miliary pushup in 3/4 when we were doing them on our knees in 1/2 but i've always been weaker up top, i'm working to remidy that.

Good for you for pushing throught, it's fun to realize you can work up to do a move the full time when the first time(s) was such a miserable fail LOL
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    Options

I totally understand. I'm on week 7 but my biggest weaknesses are planks and push-ups. So when workouts 3 & 4 came along I wanted to cry. I knew that my upper body and core was weak so I made sure I did planks everyday as well as strengthening my core. If you do this it will help, I'm sure! Wait till you get to workout 7, the first circuit is push ups and planks!! ughh!! lol. Good luck!

yea i know i'm in for it as these weeks go on. She keeps threatening us too saying enjoy these little breaks cause they go away as the weeks go on. Im going to practice planking everyday, hopefully it'll help :-)
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just wait till it's time for workout 9 and you'll know how does it feel when your hands hurt from the planks, push ups and other stuff.