Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Top 10 Motorcycle Rides in North Ameria?

Just_Ceci
Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/north-america/top-10/motorcycle-rides.htm

I've ridden 5 of their top 10.

Although the Pig Trail is nice, it's not even in my top 5 favorite rides in Arkansas!

While the 3 Sisters is the best ride in TX, I don't at all see how that would beat out The Blue Ridge Parkway or the Dragon (or the Snake in Kentucky, or even Hwy 28 from Deal's Gap going down into Georgia!)

Any of these your favorite? Any other favorites that should have made the list?

Replies

• dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    I've ridden 3 of their 10.

The Skyway is a really nice ride, I really like 28 as well, and have also been on the Snake. Warwoman Rd. off of 28 is also pretty good if you like the twisty stuff.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Did the Dragon back in August.

1009222_10151770453086422_143522726_o.jpg
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm lucky enough to have the NC mountains 100 miles from my backyard. Although The Dragon is a right of passage, I think it is a bit over rated. 441 from Cherokee to Gatlinburg is my favorite!! 276 is an awesome ride also. Once you hit the NC mountains there is days and days of good riding.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Haven't been on a single one of those rides and I've been riding for over 40 years. Did the Reno Run last year. Doing the Hollister run next year. Doing Sturgis in 2015.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Haven't been on a single one of those rides and I've been riding for over 40 years. Did the Reno Run last year. Doing the Hollister run next year. Doing Sturgis in 2015.

You should plan a trip to Bikes, Blues, and BarBQ here in NW Arkansas!

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

Next year's will be September 24 - 27.
  • TheRoadDog

You should plan a trip to Bikes, Blues, and BarBQ here in NW Arkansas!

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

Next year's will be September 24 - 27.

That's a long ways from Portland, Oregon, brother. Maybe in a few years, when I retire, I plan on travelling the country. Bikes, Blues and BBQ are three of my favorite things. Throw in Cigars and Bourbon and I'm sold.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Only have ridden one of them. Needles hwy in SD. My recommendation, DO NOT schedule this ride during Sturgis Rally unless you enjoy sitting on your bike for long stretches of time due to the traffic. Tour buses still run and it makes it a pain in the butt. Much nicer to ride any other time.
  • TheRoadDog
    Only have ridden one of them. Needles hwy in SD. My recommendation, DO NOT schedule this ride during Sturgis Rally unless you enjoy sitting on your bike for long stretches of time due to the traffic. Tour buses still run and it makes it a pain in the butt. Much nicer to ride any other time.

When I come to Sturgis, I'm gonna look you up.

Probably going to wait until I retire though, so I can get there a week early and stay a week later. Been looking for homes on Homeaway that I can rent for a month.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I haven't done any of those either. But then a '96 Sporty isn't very conducive to long distance riding.