Green Team- Week 5

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Afternnon Ladies:
Just doing a quick post, so that we can get the challenge underway. I will post LAST CHANCE WORKOUT and other info tonight. Here is the summary, please start coming up with ideas and let me know as we have to post by 8 pm tomorrow night. Her you go:
****Challenge summary*****
1) post in the main week 5 thread a full recipe (all directions and include nutrition information) that includes fruit and/or vegetables
2) consult with your team to create a full meal (starter, main dish, side, dessert) under 1000 calories and submit one meal as a team through PM to soccerella by 8 PM EST thursday
3) Teams meals will be posted anonymously and voting will take place for best meal (based on calories, creativity, appeal, etc)
4) you do not HAVE to vote to get credit this week, challenge completion is based on posting your recipe correctly in the week 5 thread

Can't weight to see the ideas. Have a good one!!

Tammie
( The Crazy Evil Coach)

Replies

• jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just want to clarify,

post in Main Week 5 thread created by Sorcerella our recipe

then as a team we will create a menu??

so shouldn't we post here too??

Ill post my recipe which is a main course here

Chicken Pot Pie (copied from my blog jesserunsfree.blogger.com)

One of my favorite fall meals is Chicken Pot Pie. I love its warm gooey comfort. What I don't like is the amount of calories in it. The average Chicken Pot Pie is 600 calories.

So I decided today was a day to find a way to make my favorite meal, in a way I can eat.

For any dish you need a good base.

Directions:

Preheat Oven : 425* F
    4 servings

Ingredients:

Filling:
    1 Can Cream of Chicken
    1 Cup Fat Free Milk
    3 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp Herbs de Provence

Biscuit Crust:
    1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
    4 tsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
    1 tsp baking powder
    3 tsp Fat Free Milk

Meat & Veggie Mix:
    1/2 a bag of Steamfresh Brown & Wild Rice with Broccolli & Carrots
    1/2 a bag of Steamfresh Sweet Peas
    1/2 a bag of Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, Diced

Directions:

Filling, in a sauce pan combine all filling ingredients and whisk together. Bring filling to a boil, and continuously whisk for 2 minutes. Turn to low and let filling cook for 5 minutes.

While filling is cooking, create biscuit crust, mix in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Mix meat & veggie mix into filling.

Using 4 small loaf pans put 1 cup of filling mixture into each pan.

Divide Biscuit Crust into 4 even sections. Create rectangular biscuit and place on top.

Poke wholes in top of biscuit.

Lastly, place in oven & cook for 15 to 20 minutes.

Eat & Enjoy.

Stats: Per Serving

Calories: 364
    Total Fat 9.5g
    Cholesterol 62.5 mg
    Sodium: 742.7 mg
    Potassium: 395.8 mg
    Total Carbs 42.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 28g
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ok, I just want to clarify,

post in Main Week 5 thread created by Sorcerella our recipe

then as a team we will create a menu??

so shouldn't we post here too??

Ill post my recipe which is a main course here

One of my favorite fall meals is Chicken Pot Pie. I love its warm gooey comfort. What I don't like is the amount of calories in it. The average Chicken Pot Pie is 600 calories.

So I decided today was a day to find a way to make my favorite meal, in a way I can eat.

For any dish you need a good base.

Directions:

4 servings

Ingredients:

Filling:
    1 Can Cream of Chicken
    1 Cup Fat Free Milk
    3 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp Herbs de Provence

Biscuit Crust:
    1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    3 tsp Fat Free Milk

Meat & Veggie Mix:

Directions:

Filling, in a sauce pan combine all filling ingredients and whisk together. Bring filling to a boil, and continuously whisk for 2 minutes. Turn to low and let filling cook for 5 minutes.

While filling is cooking, create biscuit crust, mix in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Divide Biscuit Crust into 4 even sections. Create rectangular biscuit and place on top.

Poke wholes in top of biscuit.

Eat & Enjoy.

Total Fat 9.5g
    Cholesterol 62.5 mg
    Total Carbs 42.5g
    Awesome Jesse!! Great comfort food!! Yes I would like to see everyone post in HERE, but you MUST post in the OFFICIAL WEEK 5 Thread. I think if everyone posts one recipe, then we can make a menu from those and then do one post for the meal from start to finish. Have a great night!!
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get this out of the way so I don't forget here is the recipe I posted on the main thread.

I love my slow cooker easiest way to make super tasty meals. I haven't tried this one yet but it's been bookmarked forever and with the cooling weather it seems perfect. And I love the 1 pot makes cleanup a breeze.

Spicy Chicken Stew

makes 6 servings

Ingredients

2 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into chunks (3 1/3 cups)
    1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (1 cup)
    1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup bottled salsa
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
    4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 10.5 ounces)
    2 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
    4 (6-inch) fresh corn tortillas, cut into strips
    Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Preparation

1. Place first 6 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Stir in salsa and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Place chicken on top of vegetables, and add broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
    2. Remove chicken from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir tortilla strips into stew. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 403
    Calories from fat: 0.0%
    Fat: 4.5g
    Saturated fat: 0.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 35g
    Carbohydrate: 55.5g
    Fiber: 4.4g
    Cholesterol: 85mg
    Iron: 2.8mg
    Sodium: 643mg
    Calcium: 70mg

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-chicken-stew-50400000124385/
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    All this looking for healthy recipes and I figured I would look for some more for our "team recipe"

Even though I could eat a ton of this and just make it my dinner for a starter or maybe a side?

Caprese Salad :love:

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Size: 1 oz cheese, 1 slice tomato • Old Points: 2.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 100.4 • Fat: 7.5 g • Carb: 1.8 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Protein: 6.5 g • Sugar: 0.4
    Sodium: 180 (without adding salt)

Ingredients:
    1 large tomato, sliced into 8 slices
    8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
    5-6 basil leaves, sliced
    2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Place sliced mozzarella on a large plate or platter. Top with tomato, olive oil, balsamic, basil, salt and pepper.

When I make it I add purple onions but I wasn't able to find any recipes that had that. I also don't add the salt.

Full recipe:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/caprese-salad.html
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Here's what I posted in the main thread. I don't think we should use this one for the group meal though, since most people aren't a fan of paleo foods.

Mexican "Rice" Bowl- I adapted this recipe from PaleOMG so if you want to see the full version you can go to http://paleomg.com/mexican-rice-bowls/

Ingredients
    1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    1/3 cup water
    handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 white onion, diced
    2 avocados, diced (I use 1/2 advocado for each serving, but can use more or less depending on taste)
    1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
    salsa of choice (I use about 4 tbsp per bowl, but again this can be altered depending on taste)

Instructions
    1. Run florets of cauliflower through a food processor using the shredding attachment, to rice the cauliflower. Or use a grater and grate the cauliflower until you have small pieces.
    2. Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and water (can add a bit of salt, but I don’t think it really needs it) and cover to let steam for about 10 minutes. Mix a couple times to keep from sticking to the bottom.
    3. While cauliflower is cooking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground turkey. Break up into small pieces, when halfway done cooking add taco seasoning, onions, and cilantro, and cook until cooked through completely.
    4. Dice onion and avocado.
    5. When cauliflower rice and meat are done cooking, add 1 1/2 cup rice, 4 ounces of meat and onion mixture, avocado, and salsa to a bowl.

Nutritional Information (Disclaimer: this isn’t exact, but I think a pretty close estimation)
    Calories: 373
    Carbs: 27
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 31
    Sodium: 875
    Sugar: 11
  • tambam72
    Options
    All this looking for healthy recipes and I figured I would look for some more for our "team recipe"

Even though I could eat a ton of this and just make it my dinner for a starter or maybe a side?

Caprese Salad :love:

Servings: 8 • Size: 1 oz cheese, 1 slice tomato • Old Points: 2.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 100.4 • Fat: 7.5 g • Carb: 1.8 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Protein: 6.5 g • Sugar: 0.4

Ingredients:
    5-6 basil leaves, sliced
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Place sliced mozzarella on a large plate or platter. Top with tomato, olive oil, balsamic, basil, salt and pepper.

When I make it I add purple onions but I wasn't able to find any recipes that had that. I also don't add the salt.

Full recipe:
    I love this. I can order this from a local Italian restaurant and it is fabulous. I think this is a perfect appetizer!!
    Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Here's what I posted in the main thread. I don't think we should use this one for the group meal though, since most people aren't a fan of paleo foods.

Mexican "Rice" Bowl- I adapted this recipe from PaleOMG so if you want to see the full version you can go to http://paleomg.com/mexican-rice-bowls/

Ingredients
    1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    1/3 cup water
    handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 white onion, diced
    2 avocados, diced (I use 1/2 advocado for each serving, but can use more or less depending on taste)
    1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
    salsa of choice (I use about 4 tbsp per bowl, but again this can be altered depending on taste)

Instructions
    1. Run florets of cauliflower through a food processor using the shredding attachment, to rice the cauliflower. Or use a grater and grate the cauliflower until you have small pieces.
    2. Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and water (can add a bit of salt, but I don’t think it really needs it) and cover to let steam for about 10 minutes. Mix a couple times to keep from sticking to the bottom.
    3. While cauliflower is cooking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground turkey. Break up into small pieces, when halfway done cooking add taco seasoning, onions, and cilantro, and cook until cooked through completely.
    4. Dice onion and avocado.
    5. When cauliflower rice and meat are done cooking, add 1 1/2 cup rice, 4 ounces of meat and onion mixture, avocado, and salsa to a bowl.

Nutritional Information (Disclaimer: this isn’t exact, but I think a pretty close estimation)
    Calories: 373
    Carbs: 27
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 31
    Sodium: 875
    Sugar: 11
    Looks good. May have to try this.
    Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    I wanted to get this out of the way so I don't forget here is the recipe I posted on the main thread.

I love my slow cooker easiest way to make super tasty meals. I haven't tried this one yet but it's been bookmarked forever and with the cooling weather it seems perfect. And I love the 1 pot makes cleanup a breeze.

Spicy Chicken Stew

makes 6 servings

Ingredients

2 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into chunks (3 1/3 cups)
    1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (1 cup)
    1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup bottled salsa
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
    4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 10.5 ounces)
    2 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
    4 (6-inch) fresh corn tortillas, cut into strips
    Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Preparation

1. Place first 6 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Stir in salsa and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Place chicken on top of vegetables, and add broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
    2. Remove chicken from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir tortilla strips into stew. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 403
    Calories from fat: 0.0%
    Fat: 4.5g
    Saturated fat: 0.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 35g
    Carbohydrate: 55.5g
    Fiber: 4.4g
    Cholesterol: 85mg
    Iron: 2.8mg
    Sodium: 643mg
    Calcium: 70mg

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-chicken-stew-50400000124385/
    This sounds great. I am loving all these cold weather recipes, since the last two days, it has struggled to out of the 20's here. Brrr..love to use the crockpot!!
    Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies:
    As I was flipping through my Weight Watchers cookbook, which I have to be honest I rarely use, i came across this recipe. What struck me was the description. Here is what it said"Pizzas-the perfect kid-friendly cuisine!! (I agree what child does not love pizza). Let your children's creativity run wild by providing the toppings-try pepper strips, sliced olives, carrot coins- and let them do the decorating. If you prefer, use four small pitas instead of two large ones." So cool, you could let the children shop for what they want to put on their "pizza" and then they could make it. This is the recipe:

Tomato Mini Pizzas:
    2 large pocketless pitas
    2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tbsps. chopped basil
    2 tsps. olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Place the pitas on the baking sheet.
    2. In a small bowl,mix the tomatoes and salt;stir in the basil, oil, and garlic. Top the pitas with the tomato mixture, drizzling any liquid in the bowl over the toppings. Bake until the tomatoes are hot and softened, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese; bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer. cut the pitas in half before serving.

Per Serving: 131 calories, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 4 mg Cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 18 g Total carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 6 g Protein, 118 mg Calcium. Points per serving: 3.

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. MacMillan:New York. 1998. found on page40.

Also what child would not like fruit and chocolate, so here is my take for dessert:

Black and White Strawberries (makes 4 servings)

1/4 cup + 2 Tbsps. semisweet chocolate chips
    1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur (framboise)
    1/2 ounce white chocolate, chopped or 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
    2 cups whole strawberries

Directions:
    1. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. In a small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, liqueur and 1 1/2 teaspoons water; microwave on High, stirring twice, until melted and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Holding a berry bu the hull, dip the berry halfway into the chocolate; set on the wax paper. Repeat with the remaining berries and chocolate.
    2. In another small microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on High, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Dip a fork in the white chocolate; drizzle over the strawberries. refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.

Per serving: 97 calories, 4 g total fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 4 mg Sodium, 15 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 1 g Protein, 21 mg Calcium. Points Per Serving: 2

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. MacMillan:New York. 1998. found on page 382.
    I am going to try these two recipes with my daughter. I think she will have fun creating them!! I think we have some great recipe ideas and putting a menu together is going to be great!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    *******************************************LAST CHANCE WORKOUT**********************************************

Here you go, don't hate me, my husband had so much fun with the card challenge, he created this for me, though I would share:

1. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    2. Sit ups (20 reps)
    3. Flutter kicks ( 20 reps)
    4. Bicycle (25 reps)
    5. Jumping Jacks (40 reps)
    6. Ab Twists (20 each)
    7.Cross Country Skier (15 reps)
    8. Knee lifts (10 reps)
    9. Squats (10 reps)
    10. Chair dips ( 10 reps)
    11. Sit ups (resisted, place 5lb weight on stomach) (20 reps)
    12. High jump (30 reps)
    13. Squats (30 reps)
    14. Mule kicks (15 each side)
    15. Mountain climbers (15 reps)
    16. All fours Run or Crawler (10 reps)
    17. Wall crunches (10 reps)
    18. Jumping Jacks (30 reps)
    19. Leg spreader (15 each)
    20. Knee lifts ( 10 each)
    21. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    22. Sit ups (15 reps)
    23. Burpees or Squat Thrusts ( 10 reps)
    If you are not tired repeat or go for a 2-2.5 mile walk. If you run, the last 1/4 mile should be just a fast walk. This is a total body workout that should get all muscles engaged, Remember to modify where needed and make sure you stretch afterwards. Have a great night ladies. Keep rocking and pushing hard!!

Tammie
    (Yes your crazy evil coach)
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The recipe I posted on the main challenge:

Veggie Chili - 10 servings

1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
    1 Red Pepper, chopped
    1/2 c. Onion, chopped
    1 c. Celery, chopped
    1 c. Carrots, chopped
    2 Garlic cloves, minced
    2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    28 oz. can tomatoes undrained, (I put mine in the blender, but you could just chop up the tomatoes)
    16 oz. jar Picante sauce (I buy Pace Picante Sauce - mild, but you can buy spicier)
    1 1/4 c. water
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 tsp. beef flavor bouillon (I use Herbox Sodium Free Instant Broth & Seasoning)
    Can of Chili Beans, undrained (not canned chili)
    Can of Black Beans, Drained (or you can use Garbanzo beans)
    3 c. Brown Rice, cooked
    Toppings: Shredded Cheddar cheese (You could also top with black olives, sprouts, sour cream - all optional)

Saute onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes, picante sauce water, bouillon, and cumin. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over 1/4 c. of brown rice and top with 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese.

Suggestions: 1. I usually make this one night for dinner and then put in servings in individual tupperware and take it to work for lunch several days. Vegetable choices and amounts are endless - my mom used zucchini. I often use more vegetables than I included in the recipe above. What adds the flavor is the picante sauce, chili beans, cumin and bouillon. You don't have to use rice - I just like the texture it adds.

Number of servings: 10
    Calories per serving: 332
    Carbs per serving : 40 (includes brown rice - don't have to use rice)
    Fat per serving: 13 g (you could use a lowfat cheese)
    Protein per serving: 13 g
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on the submission for a dinner menu:

I think we should have a theme such as comfort food or kid friendly or quick and easy or recipes for working women (crockpot/make ahead). Anyway just my thoughts as it seemed like some of the recipes you all submitted already worked in these categories.

I have a dessert recipe that could fit in a couple of categories - make ahead, and comfort food (well at least for me):

Featherweight (meringue) Chocolate Chip Cookies - Makes 45 cookies

2 egg whites, room temperature
    1/4 t. cream of tartar
    2/3 c. superfine sugar
    1 t. vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. IN a medium-size bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar. Gradually add superfine sugar and beat until stiff peaks for. Mix in vanilla a salt, then fold in chocolate chips. Put in oven, then turn off heat and leave cookies in for at least 5 hours without opening door (they can be left overnight for convenience). Cookies will be very light brown in color. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Serving size: 1 cookie
    Calories per serving: 37
    Carbs per serving: 6 g
    Fat per serving: 1 g
    Protein per serving: 1 g
    Sodium per serving: 1 g
    Sugar per serving: 6 g
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    My props to your husband this looks like a killer workout... could we have youtube video links for these, I have never had formal gym or well exercise training of any kind and many of these I don't know... flutter kicks, bicycle, ab twist, skier etc???
    *******************************************LAST CHANCE WORKOUT**********************************************

Here you go, don't hate me, my husband had so much fun with the card challenge, he created this for me, though I would share:

1. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    2. Sit ups (20 reps)
    4. Bicycle (25 reps)
    6. Ab Twists (20 each)
    8. Knee lifts (10 reps)
    9. Squats (10 reps)
    12. High jump (30 reps)
    13. Squats (30 reps)
    21. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    22. Sit ups (15 reps)
    If you are not tired repeat or go for a 2-2.5 mile walk. If you run, the last 1/4 mile should be just a fast walk. This is a total body workout that should get all muscles engaged, Remember to modify where needed and make sure you stretch afterwards. Have a great night ladies. Keep rocking and pushing hard!!

Tammie
  • Posted this in the main thread but posting here too. This is the easiest recipe and delicious. The swordfish is meaty enough to fill you up and there are only 240 calories.

Broiled Swordfish with Mango Salsa

(4) Prep time: 20 min Total time: 1 hour 6 min Makes: 6 servings

What You Need 3 swordfish steaks (1-1/2 lb.) 3/4 cup A.1. STEAKHOUSE Marinade for Seafood Mango Chipotle 2 mangos, peeled, chopped 1/2 cup chopped red peppers 2 green onions, thinly sliced 1 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeño peppers 3 Tbsp. lime juice

Make It Place fish in resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat fish with marinade. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat broiler. Remove fish from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Place fish on rack of broiler pan. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 6 to 8 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut steaks in half. Serve with the mango mixture.

Nutritional information per serving Calories 240 , Total fat 5g , Saturated fat 1.5g , Cholesterol 45mg , Sodium 640mg , Carbohydrate 26g , Dietary fiber 2g , Sugars 22g , Protein 24g , Vitamin A 25%DV ,
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    I finally watched this weeks episode of the biggest loser and for the first time ever I am lost for words, disappointed, confused and frankly frustrated... I can say nothing more.

Ran 9 miles today. Tomorrow hubby and I take our anniversary photos. 4 days til our day...
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is what I posted in the main week 5 thread:

Dlf1VFd.jpg

Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts (they can be frozen) in the bottom of the crock pot, cover with brown rice and soups. Wrap each corn on the cob piece in tin foil and set around the side of the crock pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. If you like your chicken a little moist, shred it with a fork and cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Work is insane (10+ hours a night) and I have been crazed trying to get my schoolwork done on time. I think comfort foods/easy to make food like crock pot recipes are a great idea and I'll be fully on board with whatever the majority seems to want to do. :)
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree that comfort foods is a good theme. The spicy chicken stew recipe and the veggie chili look good to me, but I'm good with whatever the group decides. Also the chocolate chip cookie recipe looks delicious for a dessert!
  • tambam72
    Options
    My props to your husband this looks like a killer workout... could we have youtube video links for these, I have never had formal gym or well exercise training of any kind and many of these I don't know... flutter kicks, bicycle, ab twist, skier etc???

1. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    2. Sit ups (20 reps)
    4. Bicycle (25 reps)
    6. Ab Twists (20 each)
    8. Knee lifts (10 reps)
    9. Squats (10 reps)
    12. High jump (30 reps)
    13. Squats (30 reps)
    21. Push ups ( 10 reps)
    22. Sit ups (15 reps)

Tammie
    Yes Jesse, I will look for all of these and post links for anyone who needs them. Also what some of you may find fun and I tried one was T25 on youtube...a great workout in 25 minutes!!
    Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ok Ladies since we are getting down to the wire on the menus, I am putting up two plans, please vote on one or two. The most votes will be the one I submit by 8 pm tonight. The recipes all look great and I will trying some of them, if not all!! Here is menu #1:
    GREEN TEAM’S MENU
    Appetizer:

Caprese Salad

Ingredients:
    5-6 basil leaves, sliced
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Full recipe:

Main Course:
    Directions:

4 servings

Ingredients:

Filling:
    1 Can Cream of Chicken
    1 Cup Fat Free Milk
    3 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp Herbs de Provence

Biscuit Crust:
    1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    3 tsp Fat Free Milk

Meat & Veggie Mix:

Directions:

Poke holes in top of biscuit.

Eat & Enjoy.

Total Fat 9.5g
    Cholesterol 62.5 mg
    Total Carbs 42.5g

Dessert:
    Featherweight (meringue) Chocolate Chip Cookies - Makes 45 cookies

2 egg whites, room temperature
    1/4 t. cream of tartar
    2/3 c. superfine sugar
    1 t. vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. IN a medium-size bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar. Gradually add superfine sugar and beat until stiff peaks for. Mix in vanilla a salt, then fold in chocolate chips. Put in oven, then turn off heat and leave cookies in for at least 5 hours without opening door (they can be left overnight for convenience). Cookies will be very light brown in color. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Serving size: 1 cookie
    Calories per serving: 37
    Carbs per serving: 6 g
    Fat per serving: 1 g
    Protein per serving: 1 g
    Sodium per serving: 1 g
    Sugar per serving: 6 g
    We would give two cookies.

Main Nutritional Facts for the Entire Meal:
    Calories: 538.4
    Fat: 19 g
    Carbohydrates: 56.3 g
    Protein: 35.5 g
    Fiber: 6.4 g

Thanks ladies. I will leave these up until 7:30 pm. and then whatever one has the most votes, I will submit. Have a great one. I will be posting the second choice in just a few.

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Here's menu #2:
    GREEN TEAM’S MENU #2
    Appetizer:
    Tomato Mini Pizzas: ( 4 Servings)
    2 large pocketless pitas
    2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tbsps. chopped basil
    2 tsps. olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions:
    1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Place the pitas on the baking sheet.
    2. In a small bowl,mix the tomatoes and salt;stir in the basil, oil, and garlic. Top the pitas with the tomato mixture, drizzling any liquid in the bowl over the toppings. Bake until the tomatoes are hot and softened, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese; bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer. cut the pitas in half before serving.

Per Serving: 131 calories, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 4 mg Cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 18 g Total carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 6 g Protein, 118 mg Calcium. Points per serving: 3.

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. MacMillan:New York. 1998. found on page40.
    Main Course:
    Broiled Swordfish with Mango Salsa

(4) Prep time: 20 min Total time: 1 hour 6 min Makes: 6 servings

What You Need 3 swordfish steaks (1-1/2 lb.) 3/4 cup A.1. STEAKHOUSE Marinade for Seafood Mango Chipotle 2 mangos, peeled, chopped 1/2 cup chopped red peppers 2 green onions, thinly sliced 1 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeño peppers 3 Tbsp. lime juice

Make It Place fish in resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat fish with marinade. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat broiler. Remove fish from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Place fish on rack of broiler pan. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 6 to 8 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut steaks in half. Serve with the mango mixture.

Nutritional information per serving Calories 240 , Total fat 5g , Saturated fat 1.5g , Cholesterol 45mg , Sodium 640mg , Carbohydrate 26g , Dietary fiber 2g , Sugars 22g , Protein 24g , Vitamin A 25%DV ,
    Dessert:
    Black and White Strawberries (makes 4 servings)

1/4 cup + 2 Tbsps. semisweet chocolate chips
    1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur (framboise)
    1/2 ounce white chocolate, chopped or 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
    2 cups whole strawberries

Directions:
    1. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. In a small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, liqueur and 1 1/2 teaspoons water; microwave on High, stirring twice, until melted and smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes. Holding a berry by the hull, dip the berry halfway into the chocolate; set on the wax paper. Repeat with the remaining berries and chocolate.
    2. In another small microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on High, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Dip a fork in the white chocolate; drizzle over the strawberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.

Per serving: 97 calories, 4 g total fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 4 mg Sodium, 15 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 1 g Protein, 21 mg Calcium. Points Per Serving: 2

Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. MacMillan:New York. 1998. found on page 382.

Nutritional Facts for Total Meal:
    Calories: 468
    Fat: 13 g
    Carbohydrates: 59 g
    Protein: 31 g
    Fiber: 5 g
    If anyone has other ideas, please post. Thanks.

Tammie