Feeling heavy and fat:(

Options
Hi Sarah and SS,
Need your help.
I had gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy..went from 55 kilos to 81 kilos. Came down to 65 kilos with only doing cardio( running, walking, les mills classes..u name it) it's been an extremely long process esp since I have not been consistent. Now for the last 5 months my weight( and also my clothes) have been stuck at 65. Whatever I do and no matter how little I eat, my weight is not not budging
I then came across this site n discovered nrolfw...got the book, loved it and have started it 2 weeks back
Around that time I also discovered your group. Before this I was eating around 1300- 1400 calories( to be honest I never logged in so am not sure but since I followed a diet from a dietician she had told me it was a 1300 calorie diet) but before my pregnancy also when I was around 53 kilos, I was always on a yo yo diet( with around 1100 calories followed by binging periods) .so anyways I discovered through yr scooby calculator that my bmr is 1390 and my TDEE is 2155. So I did 20% - TDEE and got around 1700 calories. So I increased my calories to 1700 calories esp the days I am lifting. Though I am really happy about the fact that I no longer feel Hungary n cranky, I am worried that maybe I am eating too much. My scale still remains the same( 65...that number is killing me) but my clothes feel tighter and also I feel bloated.
So do u think I am going wrong somewhere? Feel like whatever I do, maybe I will just not lose my fat. It's so depressing esp when u once wore size 2-4 and now can only fit into a 8-10
Please help guys..

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Set your diary to public please.
    Do you own and use a food scale?
  • Suzd1976
    Options
    Done...and yes I use a food scale( at least I have been using for last few weeks)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    On the 7th and 8th of November I show days at 700,800 calories. I'm assuming these days were not completely logged and that you didn't actually end the day at 700 cals. Is that correct?
  • Suzd1976
    Options
    Yes that's correct..but before I started the diary there have been days where I must have consumed roughly around 1000-1100 calories..no wonder my metabolism is so screwed and I just don't seem to be losing any fat:(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes that's correct..but before I started the diary there have been days where I must have consumed roughly around 1000-1100 calories..no wonder my metabolism is so screwed and I just don't seem to be losing any fat:(

Without accurate tracking there is no reason to think that your metabolism is screwed.

You have a lot of 'homemade' entries - do you use the recipe builder or use the nearest entry in the database? You also have a lot of entries that use measurements and not weigh - how often do you use your food scale?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You also have a lot of entries that use measurements and not weigh - how often do you use your food scale?

I just wanted to add that on many packages, the weight is given and the measurements are given. In the database, you typically see measurements, but not weights. That doesn't mean you don't use the weight anyway. For example, when I mix Miracle Whip with my tuna, I use 30g of it. But according to the package, 30g is 2 tbsp. I use the scale to measure 30g, and log using "2 tbsp" because that is what is available already in the database, and according to the package, it's the same calories.

Not saying that is what's being done here since I don't know for sure, but I've been called out for not using my food scale when in fact I do use it, and this is the reason/explanation that goes with it. In case that helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You also have a lot of entries that use measurements and not weight - how often do you use your food scale?

I just wanted to add that on many packages, the weight is given and the measurements are given. In the database, you typically see measurements, but not weights. That doesn't mean you don't use the weight anyway. For example, when I mix Miracle Whip with my tuna, I use 30g of it. But according to the package, 30g is 2 tbsp. I use the scale to measure 30g, and log using "2 tbsp" because that is what is available already in the database, and according to the package, it's the same calories.

Not saying that is what's being done here since I don't know for sure, but I've been called out for not using my food scale when in fact I do use it, and this is the reason/explanation that goes with it. In case that helps. :flowerforyou:

I realize that as I have similar items in my diary also - but I was referring mainly to non packages items that are pretty common in the diary, hence why I asked the OP the question.
  • Suzd1976
    Options
    Actually that's exactly what happens..everytiime I log in a food item, it shows measurement instead of weight. Don't know how to change it. Since I am an Indian, I make a lot of dals n veggies..it's get little difficult to track but I have started using the recipe builder. My biggest worry is if I am eating too much?though I am just loving the fact that I have so much more energy now yet I am too scared of gaining weight .iIt took me so long to come down from 81 kilos to 65 kilos...guess I am scared of screwing it up
    Btw Sarah, I read yr success story the other day...u are such an inspiration. And the best part is that you did it wt an icecream everyday...incredible
    Also such a big thank from the bottom of my heart to u and SS for helping so many people like me.its such a relief to be able to discuss our doubts and fears when u don't have any other form of guidance...seriously thank you!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Thank you!

I have seen a couple of people comment on how hard it is to track Indian food, particularly when not self prepared.

We recommend that you set yourself at 1,400 calories a day with the following macros:

Protein: 110g
    Fats: 50g
    Carbs: 140g

[try to get within a small range of these]

Also, make sure you use the recipe builder (and weigh your portions that you eat), weigh as much as possible, track and record everything. Also, check the database entries as some of them you have do not have macros (user added entries are not very accurate much of the time - it is best to check against the nutrition label or use the entry without the asterisks as they are a MFP added entry).

Get back to us in 2 weeks as to how your weight has done and we can tweak accordingly. This is really to set a base line when we get some accurate data we can work with.
  • Suzd1976
    Options
    Ok have reduced my calorie intake from 1700 to 1400. Will get back to u guys in 2 weeks time.
    Thank u once again:)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Locking so we can track active threads. Please PM either myself or SideSteel, and include a link to this thread, if you wish to update us and we will unlock.
This discussion has been closed.