Assignment #1- Start with the end in mind

Options
I'm sure we have all read the articles about I was x and went to y but, they never say how they got to where y is....:sad: I say it starts with a purpose statement, hence- Wow, Whose That Lady.
So, I am ECSTATIC that you have decided to go on this journey :smile:

The first assignment is to answer honestly this question- At the end of this journey, what will you the "Wow, Whose That Lady" look like, feel like, enjoy for the 1st time in a longtime? Everyone must start with a goal and it has to be larger than the lbs because if only the body adjusts but not the perspective one may slip back into the jeans they are wearing now. So, one may say I want to reduce the number of medications I take, be more confident, feel sexy, my weight no longer stands in the way of the promotion I deserve, I want to go hiking and not be winded, I want to run with my kids, or I want to look good with out SPANX and suits of armour (what I call the all in one which currently is my best friend- LOL).

Write it down somewhere so you can refer to it when you feel low because the cookies were whispering your name, the ice cream was sending vibes that you were the most important person to you, the menu item was begging you with tears in its eyes- please eat me and you said hey what the hell.

Replies

• ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for several reasons.... I have scoliosis and Plantarfacitis and when I have more weight on me, It really bothers me - to the point of getting cortisone shots in my back and feet. Since I have lost, my back is a little tender in the morning and my feet are tender after a run, but with more weight loss, this is something I can overcome.
    I am 5'9 and when I put on dress clothes, I want to feel like I am thin and elegant. I want to feel sexy - but not be trashy. I am training for a 5K next month and 1/2 marathon in March 2014.
  • gfbike
    gfbike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is more than just the weight. My goal is improved health--physical and mental. I also want to feel energized and continue to be active and really enjoy the outdoors. Also, I want to be a rock solid role model for my children.
  • clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also have multiple reasons for wanting to lose weight.
    ~ I want to feel confident, beautiful, and sexy
    ~ I want to hold my head high and not feel like I am embarrassing my daughter. (She has never said that or even implied that. In fact she tells me how beautiful I am. So, this is just my point of view.)
    ~ I don't want to be "embarrassed" in the bedroom. I know that my husband loves me and thinks I'm beautiful. (just another one of my points of view)
    ~ I want to shop at any store! & to call Lane Bryant and tell them I don't want their credit card anymore! :smile:
    ~ But mostly, I want to be healthy and active.
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Question: At the end of this journey, what will you the "Wow, Whose That Lady" look like, feel like, enjoy for the 1st time in a longtime?

Answer: I want to look like the chick on the group page cover who is sporting the black hat :laugh: Kidding! I am a red head and look terrible in black. But I would like her glass of wine! Seriously, I would like to look more fit and tone. I would like to feel sexy and confident. I'll have to think about the last item for a bit though... hmmm
  • smithsonians4
    smithsonians4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to feel beautiful and secure. I want to be a good role model for my kids and make healthy their normal. I ran a 5 mile race last year and I don't think my boys ever expressed more admiration for me! I am stay at home mom and get to feeling "mommified" when I focus on my health I am a much better mom and wife.
    Also, and my most important reason to loose weight and gain strength, is my little boy has a rare neuro-degenerative disease and both my husband and I have promised ourselves that our arms will always be strong enough to carry him. I know exercise and good nutrition ensure that. I need a body that will always allow me to care for him.
  • Journeywithyou
    Journeywithyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight for me is more than reaching a number on the scale. I want to have the energy to keep up with my children and grandchild when he/she arrives. I want to be able to see my youngest graduate, meet someone he loves start a family of his own. I almost did not get that opportunity. I do not want to rob anymore missed moments from my family because I'm too tired, I have not motivation or I just can't because.

Since joining I have made progress I have made a few goals I have set for myself and have set additional ones for me. I have met a few bumps in life that have caused detours. I am hoping with new found friends I will be able to stay on track.
  • loslunascatherine
    loslunascatherine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need to feel energetic and vibrant again and I want to be physically capable to enjoy diverse activities. I miss the spring in my step and the energy I previously worked for but also took for granted. I love the outdoors, hiking, fishing, bicycling, gardening, and want to learn and experience more. I must lose weight and rebuild my strength and stamina again if I want to heal my back and avoid future shots or worse, surgery. Also, I want to experience new places like the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, etc. and not on a tour bus.
    Most important I want to teach my grandchildren to be healthy and fit and to live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up. I need support and fitness friends to help me be motivated to stay with this and encourage me to reach my goal. Please friend me and I will do the same for you.
  • OmShantix3
    Options
    I want to lose weight for a few reasons, but the biggest is my dream of teaching yoga. I have been certified to teach for over two years, but have never dove into doing it in public for pay (just for friends and family for "practice"). Granted I spent part of the last two years getting pregnant and having my second child, I feel like I'm running out of excuses.... the baby weight is gone, I don't work full time anymore, I'm not planning another child........ The last piece is getting into amazing shape so that I can walk into the studio with confidence and conduct classes on a regular basis, and finally be compensated for it. I want to be an inspiration to those I teach.
  • ShellyLynnConley
    Options
    I just saw this question for "Wow, Who's That Lady?" I think this is such a necessary role in weight loss to be able to vision our long term goals, having myfitnesspal has helped me take my weight loss seriously and encouraged me to be more conscientious about what I am eating and how vital exercise is in healthy weight loss. Being able to share with those who have similar goals is also great encouragement.

As Assignment #1 starts with the end in mind: I first have to visualize the end as the new beginning that I look forward to becoming healthier and able to be more mentally and physically active, because as our physical health improves, we become keener mentally too. I look forward to being healthier than I have ever been, to feel confident as I reenter the workforce after I graduate this fall, to have the courage to purchase a bike and ride a bike through town, versus a stationery bike at the gym, to enjoy activities with my children and grandchildren without feeling tired all the time and to be a role model to my family and friends.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Let's see...obviously to feel good about myself and how I look. I have about 10 or so pounds to lose until I think I'm where I should be. My goal is to be comfortably in a size 8 - weight isn't as important!

I want to be healthy and not have any health risks associated with being over weight.

I have a bad disk in my back and I know taking weight off my middle (which is where I carry it) will help with that problem!

So I need to keep visualizing the end...just like athletes do before a game...scoring the winning goal!