Life After Body Revolution

Options
ktno1
ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
I still have six weeks of JMBR left but I'm looking ahead to another program to follow it up with. It will keep me motivated to finish and excited for the next stage in my fitness/weight loss journey.

I was considering doing another round of JMBR but think I might want to try something else first to get a break from Jillian for a bit! I'm interested in Focus T25 but it's kind of hard to get any real details about it. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I'm wondering what the difficulty level would be compared to JMBR? I don't want to do something too easy but I also get intimidated if it's too hard (I checked out Insanity and decided JMBR was a much better choice for my current fitness level).

What are you all planning to do after JMBR? Any recommendations for a follow-up program?

Thanks!

Replies

• Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about T25 too, might order it so it's ready to use after Christmas. There are loads of forum threads about it you could read for some info. I had a look on You Tube and found some vids there of people doing parts of it.
  • ktno1
    Options
    I'm thinking about T25 too, might order it so it's ready to use after Christmas. There are loads of forum threads about it you could read for some info. I had a look on You Tube and found some vids there of people doing parts of it.

Thanks for this. I'll have a trawl through the forums. I've also seen bits and pieces on youtube but I feel like it's not enough to get a comprehensive idea of what the program's like.
  • kelbelll83
    Options
    I still have six weeks of JMBR left but I'm looking ahead to another program to follow it up with. It will keep me motivated to finish and excited for the next stage in my fitness/weight loss journey.

I was considering doing another round of JMBR but think I might want to try something else first to get a break from Jillian for a bit! I'm interested in Focus T25 but it's kind of hard to get any real details about it. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I'm wondering what the difficulty level would be compared to JMBR? I don't want to do something too easy but I also get intimidated if it's too hard (I checked out Insanity and decided JMBR was a much better choice for my current fitness level).

What are you all planning to do after JMBR? Any recommendations for a follow-up program?

Thanks!

That's funny because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do when I finish. I got the program when it first came out but decided I wanted to JM first. I haven't tried any of the workouts yet, but I've watched a few. I guess the whole idea is Focus Interval Training- FIT (what Shaun calls it). In each workout you work one muscle group to exhaustion, then move on to another muscle group etc. It's supposed to deliver you the same results of a one hour high intensity workout in 25 minutes. I've never done Insanity but there isn't a lot of plyo jumps in T25, From what I've previewed I saw some burpees, lunges, punches and kicks, that kind of stuff. To me it doesn't look as intimidating as Insanity does. There's also a modifier in each workout so that''s always good. The program is 10 weeks and it's split into 2 phases (each phase is 5 weeks). Personally, I like Shaun T', he's motivating and funny at the same time which is a change from Jillian lol. Let me know if you end up doing it when your done!!:)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We should commit to doing it and form another group after Christmas to keep each other encouraged. I'm hoping to start around the 4th January, not that I've ordered it yet........but I will! I have to say this group been brilliant for support, encouragement and just plain making making me feel I'm not alone in my struggles, so thanks you guys!:love:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would NOT recommend doing rounds of JMBR back to back!

You still have half way to go, and even though you may enjoy it you will be begging for some freedom and a change of pace by the end. I bought a few of Jillian's DVD's and just rotated through them. Even though she recommends doing for example, 3 weeks of 6 week 6 pack Level one and then Level 2, or a month of 5 workouts a week of Extreme Shed & Shred-- I would get so bored. I love the freedom of deciding which workout I will do moments before starting. Basically, all of her DVD's have similar moves but they are all different and so far I am entertained. I did do a round of Insanity and I hated it, then went back to Jillian. I do understand wanting a program with specific start and stop dates and increasing intensity but I manage to create my own since most of her DVD's have 2 or 3 levels of difficulty.
  • ktno1
    Options

Thanks!

That's funny because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do when I finish. I got the program when it first came out but decided I wanted to JM first. I haven't tried any of the workouts yet, but I've watched a few. I guess the whole idea is Focus Interval Training- FIT (what Shaun calls it). In each workout you work one muscle group to exhaustion, then move on to another muscle group etc. It's supposed to deliver you the same results of a one hour high intensity workout in 25 minutes. I've never done Insanity but there isn't a lot of plyo jumps in T25, From what I've previewed I saw some burpees, lunges, punches and kicks, that kind of stuff. To me it doesn't look as intimidating as Insanity does. There's also a modifier in each workout so that''s always good. The program is 10 weeks and it's split into 2 phases (each phase is 5 weeks). Personally, I like Shaun T', he's motivating and funny at the same time which is a change from Jillian lol. Let me know if you end up doing it when your done!!:)

Thanks so much. This gives me a better idea about it! I really think I will do it. I'll keep you all posted! :)
  • ktno1
    Options
    We should commit to doing it and form another group after Christmas to keep each other encouraged. I'm hoping to start around the 4th January, not that I've ordered it yet........but I will! I have to say this group been brilliant for support, encouragement and just plain making making me feel I'm not alone in my struggles, so thanks you guys!:love:

I'm definitely on board for this. It's great going through with people at the same time. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going!
  • ktno1
    Options
    I would NOT recommend doing rounds of JMBR back to back!

You still have half way to go, and even though you may enjoy it you will be begging for some freedom and a change of pace by the end. I bought a few of Jillian's DVD's and just rotated through them. Even though she recommends doing for example, 3 weeks of 6 week 6 pack Level one and then Level 2, or a month of 5 workouts a week of Extreme Shed & Shred-- I would get so bored. I love the freedom of deciding which workout I will do moments before starting. Basically, all of her DVD's have similar moves but they are all different and so far I am entertained. I did do a round of Insanity and I hated it, then went back to Jillian. I do understand wanting a program with specific start and stop dates and increasing intensity but I manage to create my own since most of her DVD's have 2 or 3 levels of difficulty.

That sounds good and seems like it's working for you. I think you're absolutely right about taking a break from JMBR after finishing it. I actually think I want to take a break from Jillian altogether though! :P

As you say, I do like having a program that goes for a certain amount of weeks and has a certain structure. I've done 30DS and RI30 before and didn't really like either of them. With only 2 people on screen, the set just feels dead and it's hard to get motivated. And the music is pretty lame. After JMBR I'm not sure I'd be motivated to do some of her $10 DVDs. Having said that, it's good to have them lying around so I can do them randomly if I feel like working out but aren't doing a particular program at the time.

Thanks for your advice! I think if I did a round of Insanity, I would hate it too!
  • kelbelll83
    Options

January 4th is my birthday so I'll definitely remember! lol. I will be done with JMR by then. It's hard to believe that I'm almost done. I've never started a program that was 90 days and finished it, actually the only program I finished was the 30 Day Shred. I totally agree that having the support of you guys has been really helpful. Just knowing there's other people going through it with you helps :)))
  • rceleste40
    rceleste40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 3 weeks to go and am thinking about Les Mills Pump. Loved Body Revolution and want to do it again but maybe not for a few months.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I finish week 12 today and am doing the 13 week so only one week to go! I travel during December and with the holidays I have decided just to do whatever DVDs I want until January. I have 30DS and Ripped and I think I might just do one workout a day before vacation and keep up with my running. Still planning on working out six days a week.

In January, I plan on doing another round of BR. I want to do T25 but I do not want to spend that money on it yet after I just spent the money on this program. Unless I get some cash for Chrstmas, I think after my second round of BR I will get it.

There are infomercials on all the time for T25. I think there is also an additional phase you can purchase that extends the program. I have heard a lot of good things about it. That and Chalean Extreme seem to be what a lot of people go to after BR.

Best of luck!
  • ngraysmith
    ngraysmith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am planning on moving on after Phase 2. Not sure my knees and pelvic floor can take all the jumping...

I have already switched out TurboJam for Cardio 1 and will try Cardio 2 but may switch back to TJ as well.

I am thinking of doing Chalean Extreme after Phase 2. I really want to get back into lifting weights again and Chalean Extreme seems like a good intro program for that.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the bodyrock workouts.
    They have short tutorial videos then you do the workout yourself.
    I tried that first but feel better watching a DVD all way through workout but think I'm gonna give it another go after body rev looking forward to listening to my own music
  • ktno1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I'm settled on T25 with a second round of BR to follow it. photojunk I agree - I need the DVD to go the whole way through or I just fail to keep myself motivated.

Good luck everyone with whatever it is you decide to do. I look forward to hearing lots of success stories after JMBR and beyond :)