Hungry feeling all day today!!! Is this normal??

Options
I'm on the moist/mushy phase. Today, I have felt hungry all day. I have gotten in 90 grams protein & 6 glasses of water + a cup of decaf tea.

Has anyone else experienced this?? What do you do? Don"t want to over eat>>

Replies

• pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I believe your page says you had RNY less than a month ago.
    Everyone is different. I had RNY and didn't experience anything similar to an appetite until about 8 months post op. My mother had RNY the same day as me, but she was hungry even while we were still at the hospital and could only have ice. I don't know if maybe it's just psychological or something? Or perhaps you should try to make sure the mushy foods you are eating have a bit more protein rather than just getting protein from shakes.
    Also, are you making sure not to have liquids within 30 minutes of eating a meal, before and after?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I haven't felt hungry at all. It's weird though, sometimes I think I should be hungry, such as certain times of day or doing certain things. I think I get more mental cues to be hungry than physical.
  • gramsoffive
    Options
    Well, today was much better. I drank more water/crystal light and stretched out the protein evenly throughout the day. Seemed to do better!

thanks for the replies!
    :drinker:
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So glad today has been better for you! :) I'm not really sure I feel hungry, but I feel "something" , like I should eat. It was 10:30 before I had breakfast this morning and by 3pm I was feeling weak/drained, so I ate. I would have tried drinking, but then I knew I'd have to wait 45 min before I could eat and didn't want to feel drained all that time. It's definitely a balancing act that I haven't mastered yet.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Old habits die hard. Much of hunger is in the head and different activities are associated with eating. I still fight to deal with head hunger ( feel like eating) and real hunger when your body needs fuel. It is a battle. If I am honest, I seldom am really ever hungry. I do best when I eat a set amount of food at regular intervals and don't rely on hunger signals.