1st half marathon

Options
gitnfit2
gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
It only took me 40 years to do it :) but completed my 1st half marathon in 1 hour 49 minutes placing 4th in the 40 to 45 age group and 69th overall. now to aim for the full marathon...

Replies

• SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great Job! on your first marathon. Aim high... now thats what i'm talking about. you have really inspired me...

Your upcoming trip to Jamacia is all the more reason to get out there and do your thang! Have a safe trip and wonderful time.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I will be running my first 1/2 in July and it will have taken me 45 years! LOL Your time and placement is phenomenal!! I'm just hoping to finish!
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    I didn't run my first half until I was 44, then proceeded to do 3 more in less than a year.

Congrats and keep up the good work !!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    LisaO85, that is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • gitnfit2
    Options
    Finished mine going what the heck was I thinking...Now I am looking at 2 for next year and my first full, yah I am crazy....
  • srd2b
    srd2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first half! What an amazing time too!! I ran my first half this year as well and couldn't walk for 3 days! lol Although I think I'm in the best shape of my life to do a full, I just can't pull the trigger! Wishing you the best in '14 with your full!!
  • gitnfit2
    Options
    Thankfully the full will be more of a scenic fun run so time will not matter but we will see if I pull the trigger and sign up for it.