Re-starting

Options
So I'm back to where I was about a year ago (well, weight-wise, not BF%-wise so that's a NSV!). When I first started, I was 5'4", 137 lbs, and BF of 22%, using HeyBales's spreadsheet. I succeeded in getting down to 130.8 (juuuust 0.8 away from my goal) but then regained all the weight! I am currently still 5'4" lol, turning 24 in exactly a week, 138.8 lbs, and about 18% BF, again using HeyBales' spreadsheet. I've been having a hard time trying to determine my TDEE and thus TDEE-cut.
Because I want to work on stability plus weight-baring exercises, I do Sandbag-based HIIT workouts of 30 mins 5-6 times per week. Outside of working out, I walk to and from class, for a total of 30 mins a day, 5 times a week, and I'm a NY-er so I walk pretty fast. So what activity level would I be? And what TDEE-cut do you recommend for losing the last 5-10 pounds?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Download new spreadsheet, there's been updates since last year big time.

Activity calculator will be pretty simple with that routine.
    The HIIT will be high cardio of course. 5.5 x 30 = 165 min.
    Walking is it's own category, medium cardio. 5 x 30 = 150 min.

10% deficit.

Spreadsheet will spell that all out. It worked last time, why not this time?
  • janelleduah1
    Options
    Thanks for answering! And I honestly have no idea why I gained the weight back! I was still exercising, doing weekly weigh-ins and measurements, and getting my TDEE from that, using your spreadsheet. I will admit that i've been under tons more stress since i lost the weight last year, so I'm working on that plus making my deficit lower. I was always at TDEE-20%, so maybe that's another reason, too much of a deficit with (relatively) little to lose. Again, thanks for your help!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    So I'm back to where I was about a year ago (well, weight-wise, not BF%-wise so that's a NSV!). When I first started, I was 5'4", 137 lbs, and BF of 22%, using HeyBales's spreadsheet. I succeeded in getting down to 130.8 (juuuust 0.8 away from my goal) but then regained all the weight! I am currently still 5'4" lol, turning 24 in exactly a week, 138.8 lbs, and about 18% BF, again using HeyBales' spreadsheet. I've been having a hard time trying to determine my TDEE and thus TDEE-cut.
    Because I want to work on stability plus weight-baring exercises, I do Sandbag-based HIIT workouts of 30 mins 5-6 times per week. Outside of working out, I walk to and from class, for a total of 30 mins a day, 5 times a week, and I'm a NY-er so I walk pretty fast. So what activity level would I be? And what TDEE-cut do you recommend for losing the last 5-10 pounds?
    Wow! Losing body fat is awesome! So bravo to you! I am curious to know if your clothes fit same, loose or tight?.
    And if after you lost the 7 pounds, the first time, did you work your numbers? Or kept eating the same amount?
  • janelleduah1
    Options

Wow! Losing body fat is awesome! So bravo to you! I am curious to know if your clothes fit same, loose or tight?.
    And if after you lost the 7 pounds, the first time, did you work your numbers? Or kept eating the same amount?

Thanks! My clothes, right now, mostly fit the same as they did when I got down to 130.8, so the pieces of clothing I wore when I was this weight the first time around are too big. I currently wear a small or x-small in shirts (if my arms can fit the sleeves lol), and a size 4 in dresses, size 6/7 in pants. I just bought a size 4 skirt that fit perfectly, so that's another NSV!
    I typically rework(ed) my numbers every week, when I do caliper/tape/weight measurements. So I always used my weekly measurements to recalculate my TDEE, and from that did my 20% cut.