Introduce myself

Options
cmcqb
cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
Hi. I am 55 and wanting to lose 40 lbs. I was on MFP a couple years ago, had some friends join, we all lost weight. Life got in the way I fell off the band wagon and gained back weight. I am looking forward to this challenge. I would love to lose at least 10 lbs before Christmas, and love more to lose 15 lbs. I will sign in at least 5 days per week as asked in the 50 over group for a goal this month. Please add me if you like.

Looking forward to dropping pounds.

Replies

• herestoanewme03
    herestoanewme03 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a 46 year old female who still remember the old me. Every once in awhile I will pass by the mirror and she will smile at me and say- get me out of here. I feel like I am trapped in a body I no longer recognize. I have written in my journal for years that this was going to be the YEAR, only to see the scale say the same thing. BUT, this year- it is different because this YEAR I am finding the old me layer by layer, lb lost by lb lost. My ultimate goal is 84 lbs but that isn't until the fall of 2014 but for now, I'm game for the goal of losing weight and being even healthier by Christmas than I am today.

Afterall, here's to a new me :flowerforyou:
  • cmcqb
    Options
    Hello. I am a 46 year old female who still remember the old me. Every once in awhile I will pass by the mirror and she will smile at me and say- get me out of here. I feel like I am trapped in a body I no longer recognize. I have written in my journal for years that this was going to be the YEAR, only to see the scale say the same thing. BUT, this year- it is different because this YEAR I am finding the old me layer by layer, lb lost by lb lost. My ultimate goal is 84 lbs but that isn't until the fall of 2014 but for now, I'm game for the goal of losing weight and being even healthier by Christmas than I am today.

Afterall, here's to a new me :flowerforyou:

HI!!! I know exactly what you mean. The old me tries to peek out at me but when I go past a mirror I do not yet see me. I am looking.
    Great job you have been doing and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals step by step and reach your Christmastime goal.

Good luck toyou and keep on tracking.
    Connie
  • cmcqb
    Options
    Can anyone give an answer
    I am not a water drinker in the cold weather. I know not good but is tea just the same or no? I can stomach the tea better than plain water in frigid weather. If not then I will force the water down
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. As far as the water is concerned add a little lemon, lime, etc. I would google different flavored water recipes. I know I saw a few during the summer. It's a different take on drinking water, and it might help you get your intake daily if there is different ways to drink it. It does get boring too just drinking plain water all the time. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I look forward to helping you reach your goals the next few weeks.
  • cmcqb
    Options
    Welcome aboard. As far as the water is concerned add a little lemon, lime, etc. I would google different flavored water recipes. I know I saw a few during the summer. It's a different take on drinking water, and it might help you get your intake daily if there is different ways to drink it. It does get boring too just drinking plain water all the time. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I look forward to helping you reach your goals the next few weeks.

Hi and thank you. I do use lemon and or lime, also oranges. It just is when it is cold I am done with the water juggling. However, I am in the NO Excuses mode so have added 5 water bottles to the fridge to make sure I drink them down. Cut back on coffee and have added tea. I will add as friend as well and thank you. Feel free to comment on my diary as well. Medically I NEE to lose this weight. Although it is the medical reason and the drugs that put the weight on and is keeping it there.
  • Holidays2014forme
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I am looking for a fun group and great motivation to get through the holidays. I am beginning my weight loss journey, yet again, and want to be healthy before my bad habits catch up with me. I have a couple of goals so far. I want to lose at least 10 pounds by Christmas, but really want to be in onederland by Jan. 1, 2014. I do not want to see the 200's anymore, FOREVER! I am eating a good nutritious diet by ensuring I get all my nutrients keeping good amounts of healthy protein and low fat with lots of calcium. I want to fill in with veggies and some fruit. I plan to drink lots of water and really drop my sugar intake, which has gotten out of control lately. I do not want to deny myself completely from chocolate or foods I love, but make them much less often.

I am glad to be here in this group. Add me as a friend if you like. I am new. Thanks.

Bernie
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! Glad you've decided to join the group! I will add you as a friend. We will all work together to help one another reach our goals!! I look forward to your posts, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the next few weeks. Have a great Saturday!
  • elmolovesu
    elmolovesu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 19. My name I Jackie and wanting to lose 20 pounds :) and I'm happy to join. I would like to lose 10 pound by Christmas
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Sounds great and welcome! You can do it!
  • cmcqb
    Options
    Hi everyone. So far so good. I a, having difficulty logging exercise. Been doing wall push ups and squats but it shows no calories burned. I am confused how this works. It is under strength but because I do not add weights in the box it shows the exercise but no caloric decrease. What am I doing wrong?
  • cmcqb
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I am looking for a fun group and great motivation to get through the holidays. I am beginning my weight loss journey, yet again, and want to be healthy before my bad habits catch up with me. I have a couple of goals so far. I want to lose at least 10 pounds by Christmas, but really want to be in onederland by Jan. 1, 2014. I do not want to see the 200's anymore, FOREVER! I am eating a good nutritious diet by ensuring I get all my nutrients keeping good amounts of healthy protein and low fat with lots of calcium. I want to fill in with veggies and some fruit. I plan to drink lots of water and really drop my sugar intake, which has gotten out of control lately. I do not want to deny myself completely from chocolate or foods I love, but make them much less often.

I am glad to be here in this group. Add me as a friend if you like. I am new. Thanks.

Bernie

Hi Bernie-

Good for you!!! Your outlook and description of your plan sounds great. I am doing the same and have lost 4 lbs this week. I know mostly water but it felt good to see the scale drop. I hope it continues to drop. I love my chocolate as well but keep it in the car so if I want it I need to go get it. So far still there. I am eating almonds at night to satisfy my crunch factor and tonight will make a bag of lowfat popcorn to watch a movie with. Did a lot of yardwork today and am pooped. Have a lovely day.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50 years old and looking to lose about 60 lbs. I restarted my journey Nov. 5, on Nov. 4 I weighed 204 (my heaviest). I'd been trying to lose since Jan. 1 but around April I quit losing then I started regaining what I'd lost up to that point . angry: All summer I couldn't get under 200. I finally decided to stop trying for a couple of months, but kept track of my weight and my weight just kept in the 200-204 range. On Nov. 5 I join Curves. I've been going 3x a week, cutting way back on food, (I used to eat fast food everyday for lunch), drinking lots of water and as of today I've lost 6.4 lbs. :smile: I'd like to add some other exercise on the days I don't go to Curves. My 1st goal has been met, to get under 200. My next goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas, I'm 6.4 lbs toward that goal!! My ultimate goal is 145 or possibly changing it as I get close to that weight and see I how I look and feel.