Week 1 Challenge (November 11)

Options
Welcome to Week 1!

This week we will focus on fluid intake! Notice that I said fluid and not water. The reason for this is because I know not everyone can just switch to water suddenly if it isn't something that you're used to. My main focus is to get you hydrated. Making sure your body is properly hydrated helps with total body functions. The big thing here is your digestive system. It helps flush it out and gets things "moving" and will also help you stay alert and veer off headaches! Lots of benefits!

Check out this link: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/tips/everything-you-need-to-know-about-staying-hydrated.html#b

Let us know how you do each day with your fluid intake!

Replies

• efarester
    Options
    Monday - I have one more bottle of water to finish and I got in about 9 glasses or so of water. I also had 2 coffees today. :)
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I got 8 cups of water in today and a 2 cup shake. Day 1 went well.
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    8 cups of water and 2 cups of coffee. I have to work really hard to get in fluids throughout the day. This is a good challenge for me!
  • sherrigrant
    Options
    Just getting into the group today. So far 40oz of water and 3 small cups of coffee today. :)
  • mom2BandD
    Options
    Great job ladies. :) Keep up the good work.
  • efarester
    Options
    I will have 8 glasses by the end of tonight - need to do a little better than that tomorrow :)
  • efarester
    Options
    This article has some great tips for getting your water in each day! We talk about drinking water all the time - If you want to lose weight, you need to drink water. If you exercise, you need to drink water. If you want healthy skin, you need to drink water.

What other tips can you add to this??

http://www.teambeachbody.com/about/newsletters/-/nli/293#313147320
  • efarester
    Options
    I did better today with water - at least 9 glasses :)

How are you doing??
  • mom2BandD
    Options
    I got in 8 cups of water easy plus a shake for another 2 cups of liquid. No caffeinated beverages all week which for me is big.

I will likely have some tea with honey today as I am nursing a sore throat.
  • efarester
    Options
    How did the rest of the week go for everyone?? I did pretty good - I have a water bottle around 24/7 :) need to reduce my coffee intake a bit!!
  • mom2BandD
    Options
    I did pretty well, though I had one day where I had less liquids and I did not feel as awesome as when I was hydrated. I want to drink more water and less other stuff in the week ahead.