Don't feel confident moving on to the next phase?

Options
Has anyone repeated a week instead of moving onto the next set of workouts? The reason I ask is because I'm on week 8 and find workouts 7 & 8 pretty challenging. There are a few moves (okay more than a few) that I feel I need more work on, especially before I go onto workouts 9 & 10. For example, I'm horrible at push-ups, my upper body is just starting to get strong enough that I can do them on my knees. Planks are pretty challenging so when you throw in a bunch of variations it's hard. I was thinking about repeating workouts 7 & 8 for one week. Hopefully the extra week will help build me up for Phase 3. I'm still thinking about it though. I would love your opinions and advice!!!

Replies

• Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone repeated a week instead of moving onto the next set of workouts? The reason I ask is because I'm on week 8 and find workouts 7 & 8 pretty challenging. There are a few moves (okay more than a few) that I feel I need more work on, especially before I go onto workouts 9 & 10. For example, I'm horrible at push-ups, my upper body is just starting to get strong enough that I can do them on my knees. Planks are pretty challenging so when you throw in a bunch of variations it's hard. I was thinking about repeating workouts 7 & 8 for one week. Hopefully the extra week will help build me up for Phase 3. I'm still thinking about it though. I would love your opinions and advice!!!

It depends on your expectations of your own ability and how satisfied you are going to feel if you find you can't completely keep up with whats happening on screen when you move on.

I don't think I've been able to replicate any of the workouts fully so far, but I had a damn good go. I have got better as I have repeated them, which for me is enough. I've always thought that I'll be repeating the whole program at some point so I expect to do it better next time and I don't feel as though I haven't done it correctly, I just think I'll build on it next time around.

If it's important to you to get it as perfect as you can or think you wont physically be able to do the next phase then repeat the week(s), but I don't believe Jillian really expects people to be able to do everything brilliantly and as long as you are giving it your best and getting results that's fine. Good luck x
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

It depends on your expectations of your own ability and how satisfied you are going to feel if you find you can't completely keep up with whats happening on screen when you move on.

I don't think I've been able to replicate any of the workouts fully so far, but I had a damn good go. I have got better as I have repeated them, which for me is enough. I've always thought that I'll be repeating the whole program at some point so I expect to do it better next time and I don't feel as though I haven't done it correctly, I just think I'll build on it next time around.

If it's important to you to get it as perfect as you can or think you wont physically be able to do the next phase then repeat the week(s), but I don't believe Jillian really expects people to be able to do everything brilliantly and as long as you are giving it your best and getting results that's fine. Good luck x

I agree with this 100%. I'm on week 7 and still can't do real pushups. By the end of week 8 I probably still won't be able to do them but I'll go on to week 9 anyway. I want to keep challenging my body, not sticking with the same workout because of a few moves that I have to modify. I don't see modifying as cheating or failing. It's just what I have to do at this point in my fitness journey in order to perform some of the moves. Maybe have a sneak peak at workouts 9 & 10 and see how you feel about them? Jillian herself says if you're really not keeping up then go back and repeat a week or two. But at the same time, I think it's silly to expect that you'll be able to do everything in a workout perfectly before you move on.