Friends please :) need support and encouragement!

Options
Looking for a few other mama friends out there to help encourage/give advice on losing the baby weight while being a mom to young children. My kids are 5 months and 20 months old so my body has gone through a lot in the last few years! I have at least 15lbs to lose but ideally I'd like to lose 20lbs. I'm breastfeeding so I can't cut calories a ton - I guess no lower than 1800 is what I have read. So far I'm jogging with the kiddos in the stroller and doing some exercise videos while they nap. Please friend me :)

Replies

• twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have 15 month old twins and about 10 pounds I'd like to lose :) We can support each other!
  • lvburns2013
    Options
    I am with you!!! I had my beautiful baby boy in January who is 10 months now, I have about 15 more pounds to lose but I gained a lot!! Its going to be tough but well worth it!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just had my 3rd 6 weeks ago! I am about 20 lbs up from pre pregnancy but would love to lose 10 more.
    I have never weighed this much in my life! Trying to go easy on myself about that because I know I did my best and it will come off if I put in the effort and have some patience.
  • Blairni1981
    Options
    I had 3 babies in 4 years. My youngest is 7 months and I am struggling to get the weight off. I gained over 100 pounds with my first. I have about 25 pounds to get back to my pre pregnancy weight but would like to lose about 30.
  • hmhsu
    hmhsu Posts: 8
    Options
    I have 2 small ones. My first is 2 1/2 and my newest is 4 months! I am ecstatic to report that ive lost all the baby weight, but still have about 30-40 more to reach a healthy BMI. I've been working my tail off and counting like crazy!
  • whitters05
    whitters05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you hmhsu! I've lost all my pregnancy weight (6 months pp), but I've still got another 40 I'd like to lose to get to a weight I'm comfortable with.

And I feel like with nursing I just have to make sure to count BFing as 500 calories of exercise and only shoot for 1 lb a week loss. If I try to do more than that my supply takes a hit.

edit: typos from typing on phone :S
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have a 6-month-old and a nearly 3-year-old. I have a little less than 50 lbs to go before I get to my lowest pre-pregnancy weight (but not my real pre-pregnancy weight, which was 10-15 lbs higher). I EBF and have messed around with calories like crazy but generally lose about a pound a week eating 1800 (1300+500 for BFing) plus eating back most of my exercise calories.

Feel free to add me if you like! I log every day and comment a lot. If I'm quiet for a day or not logging for some reason, I always give a heads-up :)

I saw your post over in breastfeeding support and hope this rely helps answer your question about calories! I log my 500 as a negative calorie food.

Edited to add that I get how much BFing messes with weight loss because I supplemented my older son before going 100% to formula at 3 months, and once I did that and ate at a deficit, the weight fell off quickly, especially once I started exercising. This time, not so much.
  • mejese313
    Options
    I had my baby boy March 29th. I gained like 55 pounds during pregnancy(uggg really??!!) and I've lost 33 of it so far. 23 to get to pre-pregnancy weight. 33 to get to goal weight. It's been a lot harder to lose this than I thought. And I work full time which complicates things more...

Today is my first day of being trying to be serious about this and it's hard. I'm so hungry I just want to eat!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of being trying to be serious about this and it's hard. I'm so hungry I just want to eat!!

If it's legitimate hunger, you SHOULD eat! In my opinion, a nursing mama should never get too hungry. If your calories are high enough and you're eating quality foods, you should be good to go :)
  • mejese313
    Options
    ^Ahh, breastfeeding my little man didn't go well(or didn't go at all). I exclusively pumped for 7 months but I had all but dried up by his 7th month so I can't use producing milk as a need to eat anymore. I may have eaten to much at supper but I'm done for the rest of the night. I think I did pretty good overall today! :)
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Also a mommy here! I have two boys who are almost 3 and almost 1 (both January babies). I'm looking to lose another 20 pounds. I love having mommy friends, so feel free to add me :)
  • Jesenia816
    Options
    Hello fellow mommies! I have a 3 month old baby girl, after having my daughter I'm at my highest weight ever. Its time to get serious :) I would love some friends to help with this journey!
  • jayedswizz
    jayedswizz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first will be 3 in April and I have a 5 month old and I turned 40 the day after my 2nd (and final) baby was born. I gained 5 - 10 pounds trying to get pregnant, and then 25 pounds with each pregnancy (I lost the 25 between pregnancies). I have hardly lost anything since having this second baby. I would love to lose 30 pounds and have just started tracking calories and going to the gym. I am eating the 1800 calories/day and eating back my exercise calories. So far I am not too hungry, but I am worried about supply as I continue to EBF and I work full time.

Good luck!
  • kerryjenkinson78
    kerryjenkinson78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have two boys - a just turned 4 year old and a 16 week old :-)
    I started at 191lb (87kg) at the beginning of January and want to get to at least 158lb (72kgs)
    I would love support and friends through this journey.
    I have never been successful with my weight loss and after my first son started on solids my weight started going up. I don't want this to happen again.
    Please friend me :-)
    (I am not 100% sure how this works)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. My LO just turned a month old, and I've got another 15 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!