Weight Gain?

Options
How much weight (if any) have you gained?

I weighed in around 162.3 the last time I weighed in before I knew I was pregnant. I hit 166.1 today after a weekend of not logging. :(

Replies

• IndianMuslim
    Options
    I'm almost the same weight as you. When I first got a positive pregnancy test, I was 164.0. Today I'm 166.4. So that's up 2.4 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm kinda freaking out since I only want to gain 9 more lbs...I still have 33 weeks to go, so not sure how that's possible :ohwell:
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I've got to be honest, I'm not sure it is possible. :(

I'm aiming to gain only 25 lbs which is the low end of the spectrum for a normal BMI woman. My BMI was 25 point something when I found out, so I was honestly just three pounds away from a normal BMI. I don't think it would be healthy for me to gain any less than 25 lbs.... but we'll see what the doctor says.

Whatever I do gain, I refuse to hit 200 lbs.....:ohwell:
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    I know me too! My husband bets I'll pass the 200-mark this time around. I'm determined to prove him wrong. I went in with my first child at 182, my second at 185. I was hoping for 175 or less this time. I've seen some posts from pregnant women in the forums...some of them only gained 5-10 lbs their entire pregnancy.

I want a healthy baby, so I'm not going to try to lose weight, but hopefully I can get the speed at which I gain weight under control.

Another reason I may be gaining quicker is that I've put off working out until after my first ultrasound. Once the pregnancy is confirmed by my doctor and she gives me the OK to work out, I'll slowly start exercising again.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea. I've been doing light activities like walking, swimming, and skating. But I've stopped running and doing Jillian Michael's workouts until further notice. It's just not worth it.
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have maintained at 184.4 since finding out we are expecting (and will be 8 weeks tomorrow). Some days the scale is as high as 188 but is usually back down to 184.4 again the next day. I feel like I should have been gaining, as I have not been doing any exercise (too exhausted!) and have been inching over my maintenance calories almost daily.

I am hoping to get on the treadmill for a light walk tonight and if all goes well, I will continue to get some low-impact walking completed on a daily basis.

If I can make it through this pregnancy and not see 200 on the scale, I would be so excited, but the reality is baby's needs come first and my goal is to stay under a 25 pound weight gain.

I am certainly looking forward to the second trimester and hope I have loads more energy to be much more active!
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've gained 3 pounds over my 8 weeks of pregnancy. On some days, I am so flipping bloated it feels like much more! A rubber band was employed to keep my favorite corduroys buttoned last week. :)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I started at 155. I stepped on the scale today and I'm 158 at 8w1d. I too feel like it's much more and I had to use a hair band to button up my jeans. Even after doing that my jeans still felt tight by the end of the day!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    *freak out time*

Scale at the doctor's office had me at 169... up from 166 at home this morning and 162 at the start of the pregnancy.

It was the middle of the afternoon though and I was wearing a lot more than I normally do on the scale, but wow, I was a little disappointed.
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. There's no way you gained 3 pounds in half a day! It's from all the clothing and if you ate before going.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you guys are posting about this! In the first weeks of the pregnancy I was bouncing between 149 and 152. I haven't been logging the last week or so because I have been so queasy and tired and eating crap and barely able to exercise. I weighed 155! I have my first appointment today and I just know I will weigh like 5lbs more than that on their scale. I feel gross!

The more positive part of me wonders how much of the excess weight is bloating and constipation???
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I stayed at 162/163 throughout the beginning. Now I've past 8 weeks and that seems to be the turning factor for me.

Today I weighed in at 164.8. I guess that just goes to show that not all weight gained is fat and there to stay.

Lady_Lamb, I think there is a LOT of bloating going on... I haven't been able to fit into my regular jeans since before I knew I was pregnant.
  • LuluA85
    LuluA85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's so hard isn't it?! I went into hospital with my first at 206lbs (I'm 5'6''). WAHH! That was a total of 50lbs gained. I am NEVER doing that again! This time I have started pregnancy a stone lighter than I was before but would still like to gain no more than the 25lb minimum recommended.

So here're my weigh-ins (a very short list so far as I'm not due til the end of June!):

Pre-pregnancy weight: 144
    Week 4: 142.3 (-1.7)
    Week 5: 143.8 (+1.5)
    Week 6: .......tomorrow!

Not much of a pattern yet, but I too had a weekend without logging and eating whatever came my way. So am not too hopeful!

x
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    You're doing great Lulu!

I started off at 164.0 at 4 weeks. I'm 7 weeks now and down to 163.2. My weight was as high as 166.4 just this past Monday, so I think our weight is going to fluctuate a lot. A more realistic goal for me would be 180 at 40 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to lose it much quicker this time around.
  • _DoingMe_
    Options
    So far I've been maintaining and holding steady at about 189, which I'm grateful for considering I gained 12lbs in the first trimester alone with my first.

I upped my cals to maintenance (about 1900/day) as soon as I found at (at exactlly 4 weeks) and I'll be 7 weeks this Friday.

I've had some days where I've gone way over and a couple where I've been 50-100 cals under and am averaging slightly over maintenance on a weekly basis. But, so far so good. :)
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    Is anyone else just hating their body right now? I have gained about 5lbs already and I am constantly bloated. I feel like I look 6 months pregnant and I am only 10 weeks. I'm tired all the time and the only foods I can seem to get down are carbs. Veggies are just grossing me out lately. I don't know how to make this better.
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    You're not alone! I am exactly the same weight as I was before I found out I was pregnant but none of my jeans fit anymore. I had to move up to my fat jeans. The bloat is killing me! If I eat too much (like two small ham and cheese sandwiches yesterday) and I'm sick for the rest of the night. Lots of carbs too, that seems to be the one thing that doesn't make me sick as long as I eat small amounts frequently. I'm so over the first trimester, just a couple of more weeks to go!
  • _DoingMe_
    Options
    Same here. At 9w3d today and no weight gain, but I've had to pull out an older pair of jeans that are one size up and have been living in yoga pants when I'm not at work.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I'm 10w 5ds, and I know exactly what you mean. I've also gained 5 lbs and I'm hoping I can hold off any more weight gain until I hit the second trimester (nov 29th).

I've worn my fat jeans for the past few weeks, so that's nothing new. Just ordered maternity clothes so hopefully they will help some.

I feel so gross....
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    The other day I was complaining about feeling fat and my boyfriend said, "If you don't like how you feel, do something about it!" And I cried. Do what? Diet and exercise? I feel tired and sick every day! And I doubt that would even help this crazy bloating that has been with me for months now.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    :ohwell: That is tough. I guess the fact is that the weight will go up.

Although, (and this is for myself too) if we eat a better diet with more fruit/veggies, lean meats, complex carbs, etc., then I'm sure it will help with that bloated feeling. Good luck doing that if you've still got morning sickness though. :sad:

Personally, I think the trouble is that I'm in that awkward spot where it's too early for maternity clothes, but my regular clothes aren't quite fitting right either. I also don't want to go shopping for new clothes since I'm not planning on being at this weight for much time past June.