FINISHED! Can't believe I did it.

Options
BowieBaby
BowieBaby Posts: 25 Member
Hey all,

just wanted to say that as of yesterday I completed the Couch 2 5k program! I am still amazed I did it, as when I started I could barely run a minute without feeling tired. But, I got through the 9 weeks without once repeating a run, and even finished yesterday on a personal best, with a 11.15 min mile (I know that's not that fast, but it is for me!).

Am super happy I tried this program, and just wanted to share with you guys as I know that you get it!!

Replies

• besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You must feel so proud of yourself, as well you should! You're an inspiration, I'm just at w3d1 and suffering with knee pain. Congratulations! !!!
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You rock! It must feel fantastic!!! Good for you for doing it on your own:)
  • BowieBaby
    Options
    Thank you! It is quite amazing to me as I have spent 20 years or more telling myself and everyone around me that I can't run and that I hate running. Who knew that it would only take 9 weeks for me to be able to run half an hour? And that I would actually enjoy it?

Best of luck to you on your running journeys!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You did it! You did it! You did it! You did it!

I did the same thing re: being totally ignorant about my own running ability. Finished my first 1/2 marathon at the end of October (I've been running for just a year now). To quote Dr. Seuss: Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Join us over on the 10k board: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/526-bridge-to-10k

We're at all different levels and have a variety of goals, it's just a cozy place between C25k and the marathoners on Long Distance Runners.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so great. Bet you're feeling like a million bucks. It's such a feeling of accomplishment.

Yes, do join us on the 10K board. I'm one of the ones without any real set goals and I really enjoy the encouragement and camaraderie of the board. As Vardaeml says, it's a cozy place for all 5K graduates and runners with all goals.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Can't wait to say the same myself later this week.
  • BowieBaby
    Options
    Thank you so much! It really does blow my mind that I have been telling myself that I can't run for over 20 years now. Makes me wonder what other ways I am limiting myself, you know?

Eeeek, the 10k boards - scary! Will definitely come and visit but 10k is a looooong way away for me at the moment!
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I judt completed week 3 day 1. I am loving it so far. So I can only hope one day to be able to post on here that I completed it too. :happy:
  • uberdilettante
    uberdilettante Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm starting Week 8 myself and I can't wait until I can say the same thing! See you on the 10K board! :wink:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Thank you so much! It really does blow my mind that I have been telling myself that I can't run for over 20 years now. Makes me wonder what other ways I am limiting myself, you know?

Eeeek, the 10k boards - scary! Will definitely come and visit but 10k is a looooong way away for me at the moment!

About three months away if you train for it :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congratulations. I judt completed week 3 day 1. I am loving it so far. So I can only hope one day to be able to post on here that I completed it too. :happy:

You will.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And 11:15 is a GREAT pace!:flowerforyou:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Cheers to you! :drinker:

I CAN NOT wait to feel that same sense of accomplishment!
  • BowieBaby
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing it.. It is truly a great experience when you finish and you can look back at far you have come.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yaaay! Congrats on finishing! :happy: