Brand New - Cannot get armband to turn on

Options
Good Morning,

I bought a brand new BodyMedia Fit Link yesterday. I cannot seem to get the armband to turn on. The directions say there is no power button and it should make a sound within 10 minutes of placing it on you arm to let you know it is beginning to collect information.

Also, I have paired it and connected it to my phone and it does not seem to be gathering information.

I have tried googling troubleshooting but I am not finding any answers. Basically, everything just says put it on and within 10 minutes it will start working.

Can anyone help?

Replies

• JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Is it fully charged? Are any of the lights flashing?
    Sometimes I don't hear the "beeps" when it registers "on-body".
    It's possible you have one that's defective.
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions JRadd. I contacted customer service and they sent me an email on how to reset it and start over when I get home tonight. I hope it works.
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I cannot hear the tone on mine, I think it is my ears LOL so the only way I know if it is turned on is to go to the app and try to go "Live" if it is not on it will tell you it isn't.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Alot of times for me, It takes a while to register its on my arm and beep.. I have to keep readjusting it until it registers. Maybe this is it?Or it is just defective,
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I agree, sometimes I dont hear the beeps on mine when I'm busy or if its not insanely quiet in my house.
    Also, make sure your arm is dry and that the band it snug enough around your arm so that its not slipping around. Ive also found it more comfortable to wear if the velcro strap is on my bicep so it doesnt dig into my arm.

Good luck!
  • jules77az2004
    jules77az2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree... Sometimes if it's placed funky on my arm it won't register. i've also placed it up side down on accident... it works... but seems to cut out. I know DOH!!! I remember my first day and I couldn't hear the beep at all. And it took much longer to register being on body than I would have expected. But turns out once it did come on... I can only hear it in a silent house where the only noise is me holding my breath. I just can not hear. So when I am in doubt I push the button and look in a mirror if I have a green light I know I'm fine. :) Or I sync my display and if that doesn't come on... then I know something is wrong. It doesn't happen often though. Good luck :)