cravings ...

Options
amyjpage
amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
Hi Ladies,
How do you describe a pregnancy craving?

So far I have noticed something like this: while in the mall, I see a girl drinking chocolate milk. Yum. I love chocolate milk. Hmm. I could go for some chocolate milk - then proceed to stop at the store for chocolate milk.

Or I complain to husband that I don't feel like cooking dinner, he suggests pizza, and quicker than ever before in debating dinner choices, we order pizza.

I didn't really see these as cravings ... but .... just now:

I don't know how I started thinking about Dairy Queen ice cream cake, but it's all I can think about. I texted husband a message asking if we could stop at DQ on the way home and buy a cake and find something to celebrate LOL! He responded with we can celebrate our anniversary in a few weeks ... but of course my reply to that was "but can we eat cake now"

I cannot stop thinking about all the things I love about DQ ice cream cake. This has to be a "real" pregnancy craving.

What sorts of things have you been craving ... and when did it start for you? I am 11w1d today ...

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have been having cravings, eat it then get so sick from it. The other day I wanted hot ham and cheese and was sick for the rest of the night. Yesterday I wanted fried potatoes with ketchup and was sick for the rest of the night. :/ I have no idea why I'd be craving things that immediately make me sick but I guess I'll stick with my malt-o-gag-meal and save the cravings for the second trimester.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    My cravings so far have only been the first type of craving you described... but I'm just finishing up week 10 so we'll see. :)

But I love fries so, so much.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. not yet. It's mostly food aversions so far. I just eat whatever doesn't completely make me want to gag!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I have two different kinds of cravings I guess. First, like the second you described. I dont know where the idea came from but I just want it really bad. It doesn't ever go away either until I eat it.
    Second, more like food aversions and then food that doesn't sound bad. I will look in the fridge and cupboards to see what to make for dinner. Everything looks and sounds yucky except the macaroni and cheese but I can't eat that (I can't have dairy.) Now, it is really bothering me that the only thing I want is macaroni and cheese so I set to googling for dairy free macaroni and cheese recipes.

Cravings are pretty frequent for me right now - 3 or 4 times a week. I dont have the strongest will power so when I start craving something, my mind won't let up. It knows it can convince me and it always does.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No cravings yet. at all. All food aversions.
  • _DoingMe_
    Options
    Sushi. I really, really, really want sushi. Like really.

And spicy salami.

Of course these are both things that I shouldn't be eating, so I'm kinda going loopy. lol
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a ton of veggie sushi. Avocado rolls, sweet potato tempura rolls, and the cooked eel rolls too. I couldn't give up sushi altogether!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Yes, salami! I love salami so much....

Lady_Lamb, I wish I could stomach veggies. One look at them and I'm ready to skip dinner altogether. I've had to be clever in hiding them.