November Whole30?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Had another food dream that I used some whey protein isolate in my shake when I wasn't supposed to. Was so thankful that it was a dream though!! Argh, these dreams can just sneak up on you man.

I might actually have to cut my Whole30 just by a few days due to a party that we are hosting pre-Christmas for our friends and co-workers. Thankfully by then I would have had most of the month so I'm not too worried about it, but honestly I'm a bit disappointed. In January, NOTHING will rock this boat!

I'm also having one small issue but I'm not sure if it's only me. It might be TMI for some people so if you get squirmish stop reading now. Recently I have found that my tummy has been terribly upset and every time I go to the bathroom, I have diarrhea. I have not been cheating and sneaking in foods, but all of a sudden my body is going haywire. My stomach hurts quite often and I find myself (when I do go) visiting the bathroom a few times a day. Needless to say this is a little embarrassing as when I'm at work there is only 1 bathroom for 4 people. Normally this is not an issue but I think you get where I'm going on this one. Is this normal or has anyone else experienced this before?
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    I've had similar tummy issues for several days - seems to be resolving itself today though. I seem to be struggling a little more with sugar cravings this weeks as well. I think that is fairly typical for this stage of the game (Day 22 for me).

I'm still thinking about extending beyond 30 days - I still have some post surgery healing to do, and I know this super "clean" eating can only help that process.

Hope the journey is going well for others - would love to hear some breakfast ideas if anyone wants to share their favourite - I confess I am still missing my morning Greek yogurt!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have some tummy issues cropping up every now and again. I'm still trying to isolate the cause :( Just when I think I have it figured out, it happens again that doesn't have a common denominator that I can easily identify. Perhaps it's a cluster of causes? Too much fat in one meal and too much starchy vegetable in one sitting seem to be primary causes for me, but I can't be sure.

Day 22, here!

Never did I imagine that strong cravings would hit me this late in the game. There's a niggling voice in the back of my mind that keeps whispering that I've proven my point, now we all know I can do this, so there's no point in keeping on with the struggle. 21 days is just as good as 30, so I may as well go off-plan and reward myself now. Boo on that voice!

I'm participating in a 6 week fitness challenge with another group of friends right now. It started on Monday, so I've been hitting the gym hard this week. I've never really strength trained because I hated being stared in the face with how physicall weak I really am. No excuses anymore! So what if I can only manage the 8lb dumbells right now? So what if my workout buddy frequently uses 10 and 15lb weights? We all have to start somewhere! All I can say is, holy wow, I had no idea my muscles could hurt so badly. But I feel like I'm recovering fairly quickly--perhaps due to the half a chicken I devour when I get home from the gym D:.

I'm kicking butt on the cardio front. Never have I felt so energized through an entire, grueling workout. Yeah, the immense amount of sweat is disgusting, but it feels amazing to not flag at minute 15 or 20. My feet do fall asleep on the elliptical machine, though, and I have to stop every 5-7 minutes to shake the feeling back into them. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 23 my eczema is finally clearing up! Was really bad there for a while, well still is but at least its improving.

All so noticed that my bathroom habits were decreasing. I realised that I had stopped having fermented foods and was feeling bloated so I bought some kombucha (mines not ready) and things are ....back on track.

My last meal on my last day of whole 30 is going to be sooo hard. I have a dinner out at a top restaurant and it's going to be so hard to stay compliant.
  • ShannonKirton
    Options
    I have some tummy issues cropping up every now and again. I'm still trying to isolate the cause :( Just when I think I have it figured out, it happens again that doesn't have a common denominator that I can easily identify. Perhaps it's a cluster of causes? Too much fat in one meal and too much starchy vegetable in one sitting seem to be primary causes for me, but I can't be sure.

Day 22, here!

Never did I imagine that strong cravings would hit me this late in the game. There's a niggling voice in the back of my mind that keeps whispering that I've proven my point, now we all know I can do this, so there's no point in keeping on with the struggle. 21 days is just as good as 30, so I may as well go off-plan and reward myself now. Boo on that voice!

I'm participating in a 6 week fitness challenge with another group of friends right now. It started on Monday, so I've been hitting the gym hard this week. I've never really strength trained because I hated being stared in the face with how physicall weak I really am. No excuses anymore! So what if I can only manage the 8lb dumbells right now? So what if my workout buddy frequently uses 10 and 15lb weights? We all have to start somewhere! All I can say is, holy wow, I had no idea my muscles could hurt so badly. But I feel like I'm recovering fairly quickly--perhaps due to the half a chicken I devour when I get home from the gym D:.

I'm kicking butt on the cardio front. Never have I felt so energized through an entire, grueling workout. Yeah, the immense amount of sweat is disgusting, but it feels amazing to not flag at minute 15 or 20. My feet do fall asleep on the elliptical machine, though, and I have to stop every 5-7 minutes to shake the feeling back into them. Does this happen to anyone else?

You're definitely doing awesome!! I've had my feet fall asleep on my before both in spin class and on the eliptical. I'm putting it down to my shoes I was wearing. Now that I have vibrams my feet are usually fine. Weirdly enough, I have to spin in my old shoes because it just bloody well hurts to spin in my vibrams due to the roughness of the pedal compounded by my body weight, but when I go to lift after and I switch to my vibrams i actually get cramps in my feet from wearing the old sneakers.

Day 18 for me and still going strong!! Woot!!!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Options
    Entering the home stretch! Just 6 more days of my Whole30, including today (5.5 days, really, since today is half over). I'm feeling pretty wonderful, but a little bit weary of what feels like every dish in my house being dirty all the time.

I went shopping yesterday and bought a couple new dresses. Not only were these dresses 3 sizes smaller than the last dress I purchased (in late July), they're an entire size smaller than I thought I was! I'm really reveling in the NSVs right now.

I've gone from scale/weighing-withdrawal to apprehension. I'm a little afraid to step on the scale on Saturday morning.

How is everyone else doing?
  • ShannonKirton
    Options
    I'm sad to say that due to my sickness yesterday and the painful burning in my stomach that I had to give into some crackers yesterday. Whole30 for me.....busted. Like you Kaeli, I am a little scared about weighing in too so I did not do it today. Maybe tomorrow morning I will get the guts to do it. I will still try to be as clean as I can while enjoying some of my favorite Christmas foods, but there will certainly not be any extended periods of food celebrations. I didn't work this hard this WHOLE YEAR to let it all go for one holiday season. I will be doing another Whole30 in January if I feel the need but generally speaking, I think this Whole30 taught me a lot. I might not have been able to make the full 30 days, but what I learnt in the time I was on it is so valuable and I will try to do my best from now.

You guys and gals who are still taking it to the bitter end....YOU ALL ROCK!!! Great job people!!!!
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Final 2 days for me - and I am looking forward to weighing and measuring tomorrow to see the results. I can clearly see the difference in the fit of clothes but it will be nice to see the numbers!

Still have not decided if I am going to extend beyond the 30 days but I will certainly be keeping wheat/grains and sugar out of my diet as much as possible.
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Day 31 and the results are in. I confess I am a little disappointed not to have made it to my original goal weight (another 2.9 pounds would do it) but I did see a decent drop in weight and measurements. Looking better in new clothes that are a size or two smaller!

Starting weight - 178 Post Whole 30 weight - 171.9
    Bust - 41 Bust - 39
    Waist - 35 Waist - 32.5
    Hips - 42 Hips - 41

Hope others had great success - am interested to hear the thoughts of others who completed the Whoel 30 days.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Kerrylee those are great results you should be so proud . I am definitely in for a January whole 30 been paleo for about 3 weeks and seen great results but still having the odd glass of wine. Would like to give this up. Looking forward to it but have a Christmas party to go to and then of course Christmas. Hope others are joining in for support.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Options
    I weighed in this morning. My results were a little disappointing and a bit perplexing. Total weight down was only 5.2 lbs and the only inches I lost were off my waist--1.9 inches gone there, but nowhere else.

I did start weight training this month as part of another goal, so I'm wondering if slowed weight loss has anything to do with that. I'll give it a few more weeks to assess what would have happened had I not started that.

I think I'm going to weigh weekly for my next Whole30. I struggled too much with not weighing for an entire month and being given the freedom to build up some grandiose scenarios in my head. I lost 26 lbs my first month of Paleo, so I had a crazy notion in my head that this kind of strict Whole30 would garner similar results, even if by half.

Numbers aside, I feel great. That's really what I should be taking away from this. I feel really on-point. I'm trying new things (Hot Yoga tonight, for instance--yikes!), enjoying myself, feeling healthy and legitimately happy, and loving the healthy things that are happening daily in my kitchen.

I'm embarking on another Whole30 in January! This time around I've got some friends from work joining me :D
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    SO I only managed a whole 29 ...not 30 days. I went out on friday night and had an amazing whole 30 compliant dinner ...but completely over indulged in oysters. I was so ill after.... it resulted in losing 3kgs in 12 hours. I felt so bad the next day I was trying to eat only whole 30 but I really needed to get some salts and sugars in after being so dehydrated so that lead to me breaking my whole 30 a day early. Then we went out for dinner last night and I just ate what I could so I didn't have to run to the bathroom again... it was primal but not whole 30. oh well.
  • Suhleena
    Suhleena Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Over a pound a week lost with almost two inches off the waist seems pretty excellent to me! Sounds like a really healthy weight loss.