How do you stay on track!!??

Options
Binge eating is stopping me getting to my ideal weight I work so hard for!! This is my lifestyle at the moment.. Monday-Saturday: very controlled eating around 1400calories and doing intense daily exercise almost every day.. Then usually Saturday night/Sunday the binging starts which carries on till mid week eating about 3000+ calories a day. Then I get fully back on track the following Monday.. So basically it's 50% eating clean and controlled, then 25% full on binging then 25% recovering from binge.. ie: eating unhealthy and less strict but not full on binging and going crazy. Makes me so angry with myself! Help

Replies

• runningcat76
    Options
    I share your anger/frustration. I too am stuck in a similar cycle. Mon - Friday I am strict, eat well, exercise well, feel good. Then Saturday (which I used to call cheat day) descends into a crazy eat-athon in the evening, usually after a few glasses of wine. I then feel guiltly and disgusting on Sunday and will either continue the binge or restrict. Then the cycle starts again Monday... I wish I knew how to enjoy easing up a bit on a weekend without going crazy..
  • lorrierobertson
    Options
    Yea it is so frustrating!! I might start off with 'oh 1 little biscuit won't hurt' then 2000 calories later i feel so guilty and angry but carry on eating because I almost feel like eating more I am punishing myself.. Stress!!!!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, really do not know what is wrong with me!! I can't seem to lose any weight because of it. I'm fine with exercise but just can't stop gorging on junk. Had a really healthy weekend then ruined it all yesterday!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    AMEN to all above posts!!!!! In the same boat! I tried planning a small plate of my favorite foods and prepared it carefully. Of course I ate all of that and then fixed a 2nd and then a 3rd "small plate"....UGH! Better to just not have those items in the house and not get started!!!!!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I believe the "boat" we all want to be in is a lean race boat and not the Titanic! LOL!!!!! :)
  • jberk4
    jberk4 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. My problem is all or nothing. Once I start with the fatty carbs I can't stop. It's like my brain is convinced that it will NEVER get to eat again so I eat 40x what I normally would. This week has been bad and I don't know how to turn it off right now.