Major binge on way: How do I stop it?

Options
annay_a
annay_a Posts: 3 Member
I haven`t written a post in this group before, but today I decided to give it a try.

I am binge-eater on a diet. The diet has been very successful in terms of weight reduction.

But I am still binging. In September I had 12 binge days. In October I had 1 day (6th oct). I haven`t binged for 35 days.

Right now I have had the urge to binge for a while, about 14 days. So far I have managed to keep it under control. I made a deal with myself that if I made it through this week I could binge tomorrow, Monday. The need is strong, but I now kind of decided that I should delay it until Saturday.

My mind is a mess, and I do not know if I can shake this feeling. I am also afraid that if I start eating I end up with a 9 day binge like I had in September.

All I think of everyday is what I am going to eat when I binge, and how many calories it will add up to, probably 7000-9000kcal.

Help!! What do I do? Anybody in the same situation, how did you deal with it? How do I reset my mind and get out of this obsession of doing a major binge? Any ideas?

Replies

• mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know this post is a few days old so I hope you are doing well. How are things in your world?
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have blogged on this topic as a way to help myself get out of a recent relapse. It was a big surprise as I have not had binge episodes for at least 3 years.

It is VERY difficult to give you a fail-proof solution. But here's what works for me:

1. Exercise. Sweating it out, getting a dose of endorphins....really help to set you on track. I don't mean do it when you feel like binging. Just incorporate that into your daily life if you have not already.

2. Don't repress. now this one is risky but I think important. Do not say "No, I am not going to eat". If that taste of chocolate is REALLY bothering you, have a taste. There are things I read that stuck in my mind ...became kind of like a silent mantra....like "eat the best food, savour little bites".

3. Write, talk, reach out. I am a big believer. Bingers are in a trance. I know it too well. It is hard for others to understand it is not just "eating too much". Reaching out and talking and writing helps to snap you out of that inward looking zone.

I am having a major relapse myself, all tied into my life long depression. Reading everyone's posts and replying help me as well.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to. I feel your pains!