trying to problem solve and note eat my feelings

brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO SAY PROBLEM SOLVE AND NOT EAT MY FEELINGS.

I have been having difficulty at my job with one person. I just changed jobs and love it but there seems to always be one to aggravate you at work.

I have been working with handicap kids and ride with them on the bus and am just be a sub when someone is out but my boss has been calling me just about every day to work. One of the bus drivers is as mean as she can be, very hateful and another lady who worked with her told me she was mean to her also so I knew it was not only me.

If my Boss calls me to work Mon, I have decided to tell him I will sub on other buses but cannot work with her. I told him this Fri and later he called me and asked if I could work a couple more days with her (evidently he thinks I am a pushover) and I said I will work on another bus but you will have to find someone else for her. I am planning on sticking to my guns.

I use to would not have taken care of myself and just sucked it up and of course sucked up food but No, I am taking care of myself, don't want abuse and will not abuse my body with overeating!

Replies

• brenn24179
    My Boss did call and got me working with someone else, he says I still don't have anyone with that other lady and I said well I will be glad to work with this new person and kept my mouth shut. Hooray! I am rid of that other mean ole lady, she definitely had problems! Yep I am problem solving not eating, feels goooooood! thanks MPF, a lot of this eating is emotional!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Good for you on both of those achievements! Way to stand up for yourself and way to not turn to comfort eating :smile:
  • brenn24179
    thanks bookworm, It did feel great. Can you believe that same Boss called me today to see if I would work with her again. I politely said No. (He must think I am easy or stupid), third time he has asked. Well later he called and gave me a new assignment, yes, good day indeed!

I really think I have more confidence since losing weight, I use to would have put up with stuff and felt lucky to get whatever. Not anymore!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I totally understand!

I feel more comfortable in my own skin and am able to say "no" to people more often rather than going along with something and being miserable. My sister said that since I've been losing weight and working out that she sees a confidence in me that she's never seen before. So you just might be on to something there!:smile:

Good for you and keep up your awesome work!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Good for you! I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns. This is something I'm not good at so I know how difficult it can be. You deserve to be treated with respect. Great job!