COMING SOON ... in December!!!

Options
darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
MFP's Best Challenge Ever is moving to Groups! The hope is that this will make it easier for members to find both the threads when they "roll over" to a new part or when new ones are created each month.

Don't post any miles or goals here just yet....a new December post will be put up near the end of November and you can post there.

Feel free to comment on any questions or concerns regarding groups in this thread though so they can be discussed and hopefully a solution can be found.

Dave
Darkrider42

Replies

• darkrider42
    Options
    Okay...as far as returning* to the thread after you've joined and then posted, I see that the usual link it lists to your two most recent posts that get put on your profile page on the left margin underneath the pics of your Friend List does not* include Group thread posts.....however if you click on the "Community" link in the big blue navigation bar at the top of every page on MFP and then click on "My Topics", it does list Group thread posts there in order of most recent at the top.

Still, your best bet is to bookmark the MYAC Group page in your browser. Then you can *always* get back in one click! :smile:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i always do the "my topics" on the community tab....

it's easiest to find them there....
  • darkrider42
    Options
    To be honest, I'm on here so often that I usually leave a tab open to the current thread and then just hit Refresh when I return.

And I also noticed that when you replied to this, I got an entry on my Newsfeed that you posted here so that's good! When I tried it a couple of days ago, I did not see an entry for me on my own feed....which makes sense I guess. But I'm glad others can see it so that will help with "spreading the word" about this challenge!

I don't think it's going to be a problem though....we already have SEVERAL new people that have found it in the last couple of hours just with it sitting here quietly. lol :bigsmile:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dave! My Topics works just fine as a way to find this thread.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was the first one in the new groups section. As I am currently part of the challenge, I figured I better look and see if this was something new or a knock-off. :laugh:

I think having a group will help keeping current with the threads. Great idea. :drinker:
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    oh cool...i miss the challenges so this will be great !!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!

Chris
  • sylnova
    sylnova Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just saw the group. I was thinking about joining for December, so here I am!
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    I'm happy to be here!
  • _Flowerchild76_
    _Flowerchild76_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can't wait ,will have to dust off my bike , and see how far I can go.:smile:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO glad this challenge has moved to the groups! Yipee!!!!! I have been keeping a running blog for my daily milages since I tend to only post in the thread twice a week or so. Since I'm part of the group now, it will be easier to see the most recent thread posts within the group. I am super happy!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:heart: Darkrider :love: THANK YOU!!!!!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO glad this challenge has moved to the groups! Yipee!!!!! I have been keeping a running blog for my daily milages since I tend to only post in the thread twice a week or so. Since I'm part of the group now, it will be easier to see the most recent thread posts within the group. I am super happy!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thank you*!! I'm happy and more than a little relieved that so far the response to the change to Groups has been positive! We were legitimately concerned that doing so would close us off from being found by new people....but in the last 24 hours, I've seen more new people find us than we normally used to get the old way....and we haven't even lifted a finger to "promote" or advertise yet! :smile:

Now if anything, my concern is....what if we grow to 2,000+ members like some of the other popular Groups have? How are we going to keep up with that level of posting?!? I'm not sure we can...or would even want to try. Do we set a cap and once we hit it, do we have to go private until a few members fade out before we can add more back up to the limit?? :noway:
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, SO glad it moved to groups. I am doing the November challenge as a first-timer and was wondering why I couldn't find this group. Now I know. And it's much easier to find now. Thank you. I am looking forward to December challenge!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Thank you 2essie for telling me about this challenge.You are my inspiration and organiser!
  • tom004
    Options
    Im happy to join and glad to have the motivation.
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for keeping this going..I love it...
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Now if anything, my concern is....what if we grow to 2,000+ members like some of the other popular Groups have? How are we going to keep up with that level of posting?!? I'm not sure we can...or would even want to try. Do we set a cap and once we hit it, do we have to go private until a few members fade out before we can add more back up to the limit?? :noway:
    [/quote]

I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. :noway: Maybe we'll be lucky and the size won't get too unmanageable. :love: I'm sure even before that, the size becomes too much for you and bluiz and janet to keep up with the spreadsheet. :noway: I know I have gained so much from this challenge :love: and I wouldn't want to tell someone else no. :noway:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to December but I still need to get moving and finish out November first. :happy:
  • Cavegirlbelly
    Options
    What's up!!! I found it :bigsmile: thanks Dave!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I'll be here for December :)
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5qOEm5.png
This discussion has been closed.