Power rack

Options
__freckles__
__freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
I'm getting no love on this question in the regular forum, so here goes: what are your power rack recommendations for a home gym? What brands are awesome, which should I avoid? Building my own is not an option.

Replies

• macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Don't want you to feel no love:) so I'll reply!

I have a Parabody Serious Steel power rack that I found on Craig's List. It appears, sadly, that it isn't made anymore. There are some available on Craig's List (although the 2 I found were in WI and OH…no where near CA).

Not that that is much help, but if you stalk Craig's List for a while you may find one. If you do….buy it! It's awesome, and slightly shorter than most power racks so it actually fit in my low ceiling basement.

Hopefully someone else will have some better, more helpful advise. And good luck!
  • __freckles__
    Options
    Really? Still no love? So everyone else works out in a gym? No one has gone out and bought their own power rack besides macybean (thanks my dear for replying). Any other suggestions ladies?
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    sorry, gym goer here, the huz is resistant to converting the garage or dropping weights in the house!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Really? Still no love? So everyone else works out in a gym? No one has gone out and bought their own power rack besides macybean (thanks my dear for replying). Any other suggestions ladies?

Sorry I didn't see this..and I have a homemade one so not sure I can help.

I will be buying one just not sure when (after trip to DR this feb) or what kind...I will just go down to the fitness store and buy the one I like (preferably one with a chin up bar, racks for my plates, safety bars for squat and benches.)
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a Weider Pro PC3 Power Rack. Came with an olympic bar, a curved bar and various weights from 1.5 kg to 45 kg. I was luck enough to find it at a garage sale for $135. I'm pretty sure it had never been used. It is an older model but I'm really please with it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sorry I live in NYC and there is no room for a home gym here as much as I want one. :tongue:
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't have room for a power rack, although I'd love one. I ended up buying squat stands and they are actually working out very well in the basement/family room.

I have these or something very similar. They are not connected at the bottom or anywhere, so I can stash them away in the closet when we have guests or whatever.
    http://www.amazon.com/Valor-Fitness-BD-9-Power-Squat/dp/B006CW02ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385109814&sr=8-1&keywords=squat+stands
  • __freckles__
    Options
    I have a Weider Pro PC3 Power Rack. Came with an olympic bar, a curved bar and various weights from 1.5 kg to 45 kg. I was luck enough to find it at a garage sale for $135. I'm pretty sure it had never been used. It is an older model but I'm really please with it.

I actually found a Weider Pro on craigslist and am inquiring about it as the guy is including a bench/bar/weight/attachments. Glad to hear you like yours!