Options
77chantelle
77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
How is everyone doing?

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    This was a really close week for alot of the categories! The team percent lost and overall BL were super close, as was the voting for the recipe challenge. This week we lost a total of 28.22 lbs (and a few more members) and since the start of the challenge we are JUST under 200 lbs at 199.94!

Our biggest loser of the week was Nida1932 with 3.63%, but also want to acknowledge Pfil who was just behind that with 3.02% The team percentages, as I said were also close but our winner was the Blue team for the second week in a row with a loss 0f 0.66% for this week. Orange team was sooooo close and had 0.64% lost this week. Thats really a great job for the orange team because they are our largest team and its hard to get a whole team at a loss which they basically did, so great job to coach BMP9713 and the rest of the orange team as well.

The biggest losers from each team were

Red: Aprilstar480
    Orange: Nida1932
    Yellow: Pfil
    Green: Tolstoy26
    Blue: MichelleP418
    Purple: ljdanny

Nice job everyone!

The recipe challenge was a close one as well, but the final winner was #3 which was the blue teams! There were alot of really good sounding items in each groups meals, so im definitely going to mix and match some things and try out alot of these. Thank you all for voting and for supplying recipes. Hopefully you found something new to try!

On last nights show, the teams had to run 250 ft with a ball, then bounce the ball off a trampoline across a ravine to their waiting team members. The team member would then have to bounce the ball off another trampoline and into a basket for points. The baskets were worth 1,2, or 3 points. The goal was to be the first team to 30 points

Our challenge is going to involve running (or walking if necessary) and performing exercises to get points until you reach 30 points. This should be done all at once.

1) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
    2) Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
    3) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
    4)Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
    5) continue the above steps until you reach 30 points.

If you hate running and want to get it done as quickly as possible, then pick an exercise that has the most points so you dont have to run as much. If you want a really good cardio workout, then just pick exercises that are only worth 1 point. You will end up doing just under a half mile up to just under a mile and a half, depending on what exercises you choose.

1 point exercises:
    10 crunches or sit ups
    10 jumping jacks
    10 lunges (5 each leg, weights optional, but recommended)
    10 bicep curls (weights optional, but recommended)
    10 high knees

2 point exercises:
    10 mountain climbers
    10 seconds plank
    10 seconds wall sit
    10 bicycle crunches
    10 "girl" push ups (knees on ground)
    10 dips

3 point exercises:
    10 burpees (http://recapturefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Burpees_Kate.jpg)
    5 globe jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNeaS5b4nM)
    10 full pushups
    10 squats with shoulder press (weights recommended)
    5 V-ups (http://gymnasticswod.com/content/v)
    10 chest press/pulls with lunges (weights or resistance band recommended)

You can do all the same exercise each time or mix it up, just has to get to 30 points. Its gonna be a tough one! If youguys have some other ideas to add in here for exercises let me know. If like to have a good mix of upper and lower ones as well as strength and cardio.

The challenge for this week is a physical one. Please read through and ask questions if you have them. Since this is a fairly intense physical one, if you cannot due something due to an injury, please discuss with your coach and see if you cant come up with an alternative. Remember even just attempting it but not completing will get you 1 point! Ideally this is done outside or at a gym with a track and since its a short distance most people should have space for it at their house. Your distance does not have to be exact but try to get it as close as you can (dont try to say that running the length of your bedroom is 250 ft...if it is, im moving in with you) It can be done on a treadmill (~0.05 mi between each exercise) and without weights as well, so make do with what you have, get out there and get your heart rate up and get in a nice full body workout. You will definitely burn some calories with this!

Please report what you actually did to your coaches, not just a C or A. I cannot stress this enough, the ones that are active in reporting the challenge (say how it went, what they did, how long it took, etc) are the ones that are most consistant with their loss this season! Tell us that you were exhausted by the end, that the v ups were killer, that you tried to make it though today but couldnt get any more squats in so youll have to try tomorrow. Be active not on with your workouts but with the message boards too :)

Lastly I am leaving sunday Dec 1 and will be out of the country until the 7th. I will be able to check messages up until I leave the morning of the 1st, but will not have internet access after that until i return home sat the 7th. I will therefore need someone to help me out for week 8. Basically I need someone to watch the show on Dec 3rd and come up with a challenge to have posted in an official week 8 thread by wednesday morning. Weigh ins will still be due on the normal time on the 3rd, I will just end up posting the results a week later when I get home

our spreadsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dGQzdld0NkFsdEtleEFUUEtJc0JtOEE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    This is gonna be a fun one!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Okay, challenge complete! My gym isn't really set up for this sort of thing so I got out my pedometer (or whatever its called) and did this challenge in my living room. I jogged in place and did burpees as my rep. BTW, that's a lot of stinkin' burpees:noway: At the end I logged .75 miles in 20 minutes and burned 197 calories. This was a good workout, I'm sweating like a pig right now! I might do this one again this week just for the fun of it:bigsmile:
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Great job aprilstar, i was going to do mine yesterday but I ran out of time, my plan is for monday.
  • worsleys13
    worsleys13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have completed the challenge. My workout went as follows:

250ft Run
    10 full push ups - 3pts
    250ft Run
    10s wall sit - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10s plank - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10 full push ups - 3pts

250ft Run
    10 crunches - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 jumping jacks - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 high knees- 1pts
    250ft Run
    10 bicep curls (4lb weights) - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 lunges - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 crunches - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 jumping jacks - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 high knees- 1pts
    250ft Run
    10 bicep curls (4lb weights) - 1pt
    250ft Run
    10 lunges - 1pt

250ft Run
    10 mountain climbers - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10s plank - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10s wall sit - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10 bicycle crunches - 2pts
    250ft Run
    10 sec wall sit - 2pts

In total I ran 0.8miles and burned 340 calories.

I really enjoyed this workout as it was something different but I did feel like I had had a good workout by the end of it :)
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Quiet week! I hope everyone got a chance to do this challenge cause I really think it was a good one... maybe the best so far! Its Thanksgiving week... does everyone have a plan of attack? I did my first dinner yesterday (mom always does hers early) and I think I did pretty good. I ate a ton of veggies and only a few bites of potatoes and stuffing. I made the Maple Beets from our challenge last week that someone posted. I think those might actually be a good alternative to candied yams that most people do for thanksgiving dinner.

Don't forget to weigh-in today! Good luck team:bigsmile:
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    I finally did the challenge today
    I did run app.50 Yards 10 pushups 3 pt
    Run 50 yards 5 v ups 3 pt
    And repeated it 8 times

I also did some toning with weights for chest, tricep, and abs, and ran 4.5 miles.

We have lost a lot of the red team, i think we are down to 6 people. Health1971 is on a trip for the next 10 days. Stay strong and lets lose some weight for this thanksgiving!