Strength in Culture

Here is Merriam-Webster's definition of Culture:

1 cul·ture noun \ˈkəl-chər\
: the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

: a particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.

: a way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business)

a : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations

b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture>

c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line>

d : the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>

Think about your own culture. Describe your culture and how your cultural traditions, knowledge, teachings, beliefs, ceremonies, values, and activities can be helpful and supportive for you in making 'mino aanji bimaadiziwin' (good changes for life)?

Replies

• My culture is unique and special because we use many different techniques in our religion. The traditions involves many hmong belifs . The strenght in my culture involves the belief of spirits and the dead because we use them in our shamen rituals to help cure people.
  • IDK
  • My culture is unique because its who i am and also my culture believes in spirits and the dead and uses them to cure sick people.
  • In my culture our grandparents call upon our ancestor form help and cure the sick.
  • qyiam
    qyiam Posts: 2
    I think my culture unique and special because my family/dad is from a different country and I get to eat different foods also get to learn new things. an addtion we run/jogg we keep eath others mind health.

sincerely
    Q
  • i Dont Get This One!
  • pow wows and working together to make life easier
  • My cultural is Hmong and religious is Shaman.Shaman is really good and can help you to have a good life.Why is that?It's because you can talk to the dead,well..more like spirits,and those spirits will lead you to a good life .This is all i know because I'm not a shaman,the power of shaman is really rare...i think...-.-
  • TM9nh
    TM9nh Posts: 6
    I don't know much about my culture but i think that changes won't happen for those who wish, but those who act.
  • My religion is christian it's very special because it has to do with spiritual, physical, mind and the world it kind of like Native American but we worship only one God.