Airplane Travel

Options
bkw99508
bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
I have been using the CORE since August and have had some terrific results. I have a question in regards to air travel.

I know I am not to wear it on the plane and I was thinking that I would just take my MET rate during an average sitting period and multiply it by the hours I am on the plane and enter it as "off time". Does that sound about right?

Also, stupid question, probably have to take it off during security scanning??????

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I have been using the CORE since August and have had some terrific results. I have a question in regards to air travel.

I know I am not to wear it on the plane and I was thinking that I would just take my MET rate during an average sitting period and multiply it by the hours I am on the plane and enter it as "off time". Does that sound about right?

Also, stupid question, probably have to take it off during security scanning??????

Why can't you wear it on the plane, it is not transmitting unless you try to go "Live" or upload? Just wondering. I don't know how TSA will act when you toss it in the box but it would set off the scanners if you left it on..
  • bkw99508
    Options
    I had the same thought as you about just not transmitting but according to the Bodymedia site, it is supposed to be off during flights.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No info to add but wondering the same as I will be flying soon.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wear mine going through courthouse security for work. Nothing happens.
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just back from a flight. Definitely take it off for security. I forgot about it completely. They patted me down, and I had to take it off. Not easy with the clothes I was wearing. I'm sure many people were laughing. I'm sure I made their day.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Good to know, Thanks!
  • bkw99508
    Options
    Just got back from my vacation. I took my Core off to go through security cause I figure that if they saw it on the scanner, I would be patted down. I just put it back on and left it on during the flight. No issues.

Hope this helps.