New again, looking for friends

Options
I am back to OA after a year out of the program, and I am using MFP as part of my food plan. I'm hoping to find some friends here to share with from time to time, when I need to reach out, and to be there when others need to reach out too. There are a few meetings per week where I live, and that is great, but I am struggling to go. I'm really good at findings "reasons" not to go. Anyway, I just want to have some pals to cheer on, and to cheer for me!

Replies

• youthlaxmom
    youthlaxmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can certainly relate. I am working 3 programs at home myself and have an accountability partner for weekly calls. I needed the variety in material. Even when I DO NOT want to go to a meeting I go. I made myself a minimum daily plan I have to do every day. After those items are done I can do anything I want. Lol... Trying to trick myself into working the plan I guess. I have to go to group at a minimum of every other week. After I get there I am glad I went. Hope you find a group that gives back to you. May you have peace, love and kindness today. Friend me if interested. I work OA, CR and am reading Joel Fuhrman and other material.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'll send you a friend request. I haven't been extremely active the last 3 weeks or so but back on the bandwagon and really loving it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • PattiUnleashed
    PattiUnleashed Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Sara (I assume it is Sara?),
    Isolation is part of our illness, so find a meeting you really like and make it "yours." If the first one isn't a match try another one. And you can send me a friend request if you like. I love the support here. I usually respond to my "friends" often, although as of late I haven't due to work stress, schedule, and some changes I am adapting to.

Patti :flowerforyou: