what's your fat fast experience?

Options
lebowski8
lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
I'm trying my own version of a fat fast for a few days, to see if I can get the needle to move in the right direction. I'm aiming for 80%+ fat, and keeping my carbs as low as possible.

to prepare for this, I made fat bombs last night, with an equal measure of virgin coconut oil, almond butter, and plain butter each. I added 25 g of dutch process cocoa and 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia. They are 14 grams each. for now i'm recording them as coconut oil, later i will create my own recipe and do the math.

i also got pure sour cream and some cream cheese. i bought some pork rinds that only have 2 ingredients, pork and salt. the two rinds i ate last night gave me terrible indigestion last night, so I'll probably hold off on those.

anyhow, enough about me!

Have you tried a fat fast? How long? What were the results?

Replies

• AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Never tried... is it like "loading" for a few days?
  • emmysusanne
    emmysusanne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean either, but I make my own fat bombs also! One part coconut oil & unsweetened cocoa, one part coconut oil with almond butter, and one part coconut oil with coconut flakes, all sweetened with liquid stevia and layered into lollipop molds - perfect to boost my fat ratio and delicious :)
  • lebowski8
    Options
    Another MFP person, arcadia1983 reminded me of this. some links for information about it:
    http://www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html
    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/fat-fast-for-a-few-days-to-induce-weight-loss/1189
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I just did the fat fast last week. I must say I learned from it I can cut the carbs back even more, but there were times I really felt like ow no, no more fat please! I also had heartburn and I could use some more variety in the menus, but over all it went quite well and I lost about a pound a day.
  • lebowski8
    Options
    So day 1 went fine. My dinner was nice, a bit of onions fried with a cream & cream cheese sauce, with a little spice.

I felt the same energy as I do on all other days. I felt satiated. The food is so dense with calories, yet it looks so little on my plate. That was the only tricky part.

Day 2 was fine until I realized I had made plans to hang out with my old college friends. Pizza and Beer were everywhere, my worst temptations!! Anyhow, I brought salami & provolone to the party. That worked. Though it wasn't a fat fast by the end of the night, I kept it keto.

I think I might try 2 or 3 fat fast days per week, and not on necessarily consecutive days.
  • marjofi
    marjofi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    funny, I just posted a comment on LOW CARB/HIGH FAT boad on this site asking the same question. I did IF two weeks ago for three days and lost almost five pounds. I did gain like 1.5 pounds and maintained until two days ago when I decided to do another IF, but this time only did it for one day and lost 2.5 pounds. I ate soup and a .root beer float/fatbomb for breakfast and intend to eat a tuna salad for lunch and dinner curious as to what the scale shows in the morning..