Daily calorie intake on this program?

Options
I know Jillian recommends a 1200 calorie diet throughout this program, which kinda confuses me bc I keep reading articles about eating more to lose more. I'm on week 7 (phase 2) and so far I've been eating between 1200- 1400 calories. Then I calculated my TDEE and realized I should be eating 1823 calories a day to lose weight. So far I've lost about 11 pounds and a few inches while eating 1200-1400 calories and doing her program.

I've heard that Phase 2 is where you see the most change. So even though I'm having results with what I've been doing, I'm nervous that if I don't up my calories I could screw myself and hit a plateau or not reap the full benefits of the program.

I know, I'm probably thinking too much into this, lol. But I was wondering what everyone's daily calorie intake was, and if you're seeing results?

Replies

• Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't use the BR diet plan at all. I have around 1700 cals a day and on phase 1 lost 4lbs. My weigh in for phase two is next Monday so the jury is still out on that one. For me a pound a week is fine especially as I heard weight loss in the first phase is often not high. I would be miserable if I tried to go to 1200. I think you have to weigh up your expectations and aims and decide what is right for you. Good luck x
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It sounds like what you are doing is working. I follow what MFP gives me, which is 1200 net. I weigh in everyday but count my weigh in day as Sunday or Monday depending on if I have eaten out on Saturday because I am usually up a day. This morning I was down 18 lbs and in the middle of Week 12 (My weigh in day I was at 16.4). I have found that it seems like when I eat closer to 1200 net the weight comes off quicker rather than if I eat below that.
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 7 & 8 now and lost so far about 20 lbs. Since beginning of BR I eat about 1750-1800kcal and always eat back burnt calories. It's been amazing so far, I don't really feel like I'm on diet. I eat everything in moderation. I also heard Jillian saying in one interview to dedicate about 20% of your calories allowance to something you love. In my case that's always something sweet:) It's only recently that I find difficult to stay within limits, as weather got really cold (I live in UK) and I feel more hungry all the time. Hopefully I won't let myself go too much :)
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 7 & 8 now and lost so far about 20 lbs. Since beginning of BR I eat about 1750-1800kcal and always eat back burnt calories. It's been amazing so far, I don't really feel like I'm on diet. I eat everything in moderation. I also heard Jillian saying in one interview to dedicate about 20% of your calories allowance to something you love. In my case that's always something sweet:) It's only recently that I find difficult to stay within limits, as weather got really cold (I live in UK) and I feel more hungry all the time. Hopefully I won't let myself go too much :)

Wow that's a brilliant loss. you have obviously got the balance right for you. Well done!
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Wow that's a brilliant loss. you have obviously got the balance right for you. Well done!

• photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been eating around 1580 cals a day, which is my tdee minus 20%. My results have been slow I feel fitter and lost a few inches on my hips and belly. But I weigh exactly the same as when I started. I`m thinking of eating between 1200-1400 a day throughout phase 3 which I start today. I'm hoping to see some results by end of this toture