Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
296ki1v.jpg
suuc8n.jpg
2gt0tbl.jpg
ad1eyp.jpg

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    Thanks Sheri for another outstanding week! I can do this now! I'm ready to get the job done, now!
  • Sheri869
    OMG...Jackie....is that baby Joey from this trip?? He's gotten SO BIG!!!!! What a Joy!!! I'm So Glad you got the time with him!!!!
  • Sheri869
    Oh And To Clarify - the family working out with you on Thanksgiving - even 1 other family member will count - if you can get more....great....but just getting one other person on your holiday to join you in a workout will earn you the points....if you can get the whole family to get involved in an active game....they may not all workout for 45 minutes straight but playing and alternating and being active for that time...counts...but also a good walk after dinner before nap....good idea as well!! ;-) Just some ideas and clarifications!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    OMG...Jackie....is that baby Joey from this trip?? He's gotten SO BIG!!!!! What a Joy!!! I'm So Glad you got the time with him!!!!

Yay, grandpa calls him "Hurricane Joey" now! I just kept laughing the whole time when he got in trouble with mommy! I forgot how much work keeping up with three year olds are! We are planning to see them again in April, in Washington State! This time wear my running shoes the whole time, lol!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Thanks Sheri for another wonderful week. When I'm fully awake I will read it over again. :smile: :yawn:
    Great job to everyone on last week. Have a great upcoming week everyone.
  • Sheri869
    Also...the personals #5 Part 1 & 2 should be posted here on the main page...

ALSO ALSO...post here...for those cooking Thanksgiving dinner...or bringing a dish....please share here your attempt at going with one small or big way you tried to go with a healthier alternative!!!

I'll start...I am cooking dinner for my family and I got reduced sodium stuffing and no salt added broth for basting the turkey instead of butter....that's mine for now....and gonna try and not "taste" practically eating a whole meal while cooking Before I eat the Sit Down Meal!! (HARD!!!)
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Is that '120 minute minimum' for all week? (We'll feel like we're on vacation!)

And no 'good habit/bad habit' points either?

As for Thanksgiving cooking, in all honesty, I'm not going with any healthier alternatives...my plan is to do what I did last year, though - eat whatever I want, but strictly limit my portion sizes. Last year, I think I ate some of *everything* - but I measured it all with a quarter-cup measure (except meat, which I weigh.) I was PLENTY full and (of course) didn't feel deprived at all.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    My first positive. My legs might not be model perfect but they can carry me 13.1 miles. They are strong.

Holiday re-make: Sweet potatoes. I found a recipe for stuffed baked sweet potato. Basically you bake them like a potato and then open them up and stuff them with marshmallows, butter and brown sugar then put them back in just to melt the mallos. The healthy twist is that I can do mine without the mallos but add spices instead.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Looks great, thanks Sheri.

I think someone else asked this, but the 120 minute workout, is that a total or an individual workout

The 10 and 20 bonus points for workout time, can we get both those points or just one for the longest workout?
  • GrandmaJackie
    We are have a Thanksgiving lunch Tuesday and bring "Boston Cream Cupcakes"! They're not going to be a healthy version, though! I plan is to stay away from the sweets at work but on Thanksgiving do portion control! Also Thanksgiving, hopefully, hubby will take a walk in the park, :bigsmile:

My first positive is after almost 2 1/2 weeks of NOT exercising I'm can to start my exercising again at full force, yay! I was able to get a afternoon walk in! This evening I'm going to get my treadmill workout done, too! A couple years ago I didn't miss exercising!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    My first positive: I have good, strong legs that have helped immensely in my recovery from knee replacement surgery.

Our Thanksgiving (Harvest Festival) was in Early October and I made everything from scratch in order to eliminate added sugars and salts. Made garlic smashed cauliflower as well as potatoes, and had only the cauliflower. Made home made stuffing and cranberry sauce, no boxes , no tins.
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    My positive physical attribute are my legs! They are strong and take me where I need to go, and they help me burn calories too!
  • barkingbetty
    Paying it forward - my sister had to put a dear sweet dog to sleep yesterday. She adopted him from a shelter when no one else would because he had a heart defect, and he was not expected to live very long. I went to a jewelry sale fundraiser for shelter dogs and bought a necklace that had a locket as a gift for my sister. I put a picture of her dog Pepper in the locket and gave it to her today. It made me feel great to give such a meaningful gift that will help her remember sweet Pepper!
  • lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    My positive: I have really pretty sleek arms

This Thanksgiving I am making my pies from apples I canned this Fall

Wishing Everyone a Blessed Holiday
  • barkingbetty
    I am making a healthier alternative for pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving - I will use fat free evaporated milk and substituting zero-calorie sweetener for a portion of the sugar. I have made them this way before, and they are still very tasty!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    My pay it forward was donating $1000 dollars, a roaster full of chili & bidding high on an auction item to a brother in law who is undergoing radiation therapy for prostate cancer. The benifit was a chili feed with auction! I also donated $100.00 to a missionary group at church today. I am less on funds right now but God is good & I can do without!!!

We have NO plans for Thanksgiving!! Our sons have work or plans and I will NOT cook a feast for two, especially after cooking everyday of the week with my job! If something comes up I too will go with portion controll.

My positive would be that I am a preplanner & not a procastinator! I get things DONE!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    My favorite physical attribute is my green eyes. I like the way they look...both meanings.

My Pay Forward is making baskets of toiletries and such for an Abused Women's Safe-house with my 'Finding Freedom Beyond the Lies' group. We bought everything and prettied up the baskets with flowers and tissue paper. Then I drew little scenes on blank notes and we each chose an inspirational verse to write. We prayed for each woman and will deliver them tomorrow night. We are all truly on different stretches of the same road. Just keep going no matter where you find yourself today.

My peanut butter cookies are flourless and sugar free! AND YUMMY!!!

1 cup natural peanut butter
    1 tsp liquid stevia
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 large egg + 1 egg white, lightly beaten
    Combine until smooth,
    By the Tbsp, place on greased sheet and use a fork to press crosshatches,
    Cook at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool on a rack.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    My father-in-law was recently discharged from the hospital with the orders to reduce his sodium intake, so this Thanksgiving we are cutting out a lot of salt. We aren't going to brine the turkey, and I will be making homemade yeast rolls. Dessert is set, but I won't eat the pie crust and will mind my portions. I remember as a kid Thanksgiving was an all day binge fest, and we don't so that in my family. It's a nice dinner with a couple glasses of wine and some pie, but it's all reasonable. :)

My first physical attribute is my strength. I love that I am a strong chic who can hang in there when there is tough work to be done.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    OK, for a positive physical attribute, I'm going out on a limb and naming my stomach. My tummy is my LEAST perfect feature (by far,) after four babies, a tubal reversal, and hernia surgery. So, I have decided to claim it as a positive, just because I care enough about it to take care of it and work on it...
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    OK, for a positive physical attribute, I'm going out on a limb and naming my stomach. My tummy is my LEAST perfect feature (by far,) after four babies, a tubal reversal, and hernia surgery. So, I have decided to claim it as a positive, just because I care enough about it to take care of it and work on it...

Pam - I LOVE this! Such a wonderful way of viewing it! :heart: :love: :heart: