Healthy cereals?

Options
2»

Replies

• Annie_R
    Annie_R Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I follow Dr Damian Kristof's programme [from the TV programme 'Downsize Me']
    He recommends 1 serving each of Protein, good carbs and good fats.
    I have Fresh Fruit [carbs] Yogurt [protein] and LSA [fats]
  • Sneeze1970
    Options
    Just revisiting this thread... over the warmer months I've had 40 g Weightwatchers cereal berry flakes with a bit of vanilla protein powder mixed through then I add a dash of milk (although recently switched to coconut & almond milk), some yoghurt and some Watties Lite tinned fruit salad. That keeps me going without any issues to morning tea time.

I'll soon be switching back to porridge though and will be using the Uncle Toby's quick sachets again but definitely with some protein powder and instead of Splenda (I've almost kicked it from my diet completely) I'll use cinnamon or fruit to sweeten.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I make porridge from rolled oats and fluff it up with egg whites. Mmmmmm so good
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have oats (uncooked porridge oats), yoghurt and whatever fruit it to hand.
    Bit like this -> http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/No-cook-berry-oatmeal-351027

Prepared at home, eaten at work as my stomach needs time to "wake-up"
  • Veronikkka
    Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Soaking oats overnight sounds easy and yammy and cheap. I do not like prices on our cereals.
    I will try this idea tomorrow.
    I do not have breakfast routine, but I often eat Tararua lite cottage cheese half of a container ( 125 grs) with 1-2tea spoon of home made apricot jam my mum made with low sugar for me, can do with honey as well.
    If I am in the hurry and have no time to eat I have 1 or 2 raw eggs, just suck it out from a little hole in the shell, it takes 2 secs and it's not that bad like ppl think. It keeps me going for a while