Help with Tracking

Options
I just got sleeved on 11/12/13 and am doing really well Thank God! I have started tracking so that I can keep an eye on fluids and protein. Can anyone share how it works for them? Thanks

Replies

• lorigregory50
    Options
    Hi, Kalilioness! Congrats to you on your sleeve! I am 3 months post op,also sleeved.

At first I used a small notebook to track proteins and liquids, and to write notes to myself or questions that came up. As I transitioned back to food, I started using this app. Very easy to use!

At first, I just used a blender bottle that had premeasured markings on it. Then I used a measuring cup to figure out how much my favorite mugs and tea glasses actually held. Much easier now to get enough fluids in during the course of the day, just kep working on it!

If this is helpful, feel free to ask me anything else!

If you have the chance, I would recommend going to a support group. I didn't think I would like it, not usually a meeting kind of person, but I have learned a lot from going. Hearing what other people are doing to face their problems, and seeing their successes, has been very gratifying!
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I have been using my digital scale more and doing the measuring etc. I changed the labels for meals on the app so that it just says Protein and Snacks. It just seems easier than trying to divide things up into three to six meals. As I progress I may experiment with it. I am adding protein powder to just about everything I eat so I have been able to get in anywhere from 70 to 90 grams per day. Do you count your protein shakes with your fluids? Have a great day!
  • bondgirl129
    Options
    I was sleeved on 11/13/13 and its been a surreal experience so far. I use the app to track my protein, and I have my 20 ounce water bottle that I use to keep track of my fluids. I'm still struggling to get enough in. I just have zero desire for food right now. If I have to look at another protein shake, I might lose my mind but its still the easiest thing to get down even if its just a bit at a time.
  • lorigregory50
    Options
    The dietician our group works with says to count them as fluids also - you will be able to work up to larger amounts of fluid as time passes. It was difficult at first, but now I manage an average of 90 oz a day.

Sounds like you are figuring it out!