Holiday Fear

Options
melbogg
melbogg Posts: 135 Member
This week I was gone on a business trip for 2 days, ate too many calories and didn't even log it all.
It spilled over through the remainder of the week and even today. Now I'm sitting here thinking about Thanksgiving next week and so scared of how much weight I could potentially gain. My sleeve is still restrictive (THANK GOD) but not like last year. I can actually feel the fear rising in my chest right now. I need some tips and encouragement from some experienced sleevers who have been through a few holidays!!

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear some advice too! This is my first holiday season since surgery and I'm very worried about making bad choices. My bad habits are only sleeping, they're not dead, and I don't want them to wake up and attack the pecan pie!
  • irishdoc71
    irishdoc71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stick to the small plate. Only fill the plate once. It will appear like you are eating alot but you aren't. Also focus on how you do well during the holidays. Don't set yourself up to fail by fearing it. You will do this. You can do this.
    Good luck!
  • bockenstedt6
    bockenstedt6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would say make sure you have support. As of right now, I am planning on going to a family members house. Everyone who will be there have been extremely supportive of my choice. My mom will also be there and she has also had the sleeve. Make a plan for what thanksgiving food that you want the most. For me, I like real oven baked turkey and thanksgiving is the only time of year I get it. Make a game plan for when you go and dont be affraid to take your own plate!