Starting insanity tomorrow

Options
I am going to start tomorrow on insanity. (I will just change my day off as I am too excited to wait until Monday)

I am intimidated as I am OUT OF SHAPE. I am not too overweight. 5"6 159. (maybe 30lbs over?) but I also have like 0 muscle right now so it scares me like mad. I saw some women bigger than me complete it more than once even and I now know I have 0 excuses.

Wish me luck! Going to have b/a pics

Replies

• kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    good luck! you can do it!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Good luck and keep us posted :)
  • lng145
    lng145 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @ lauraannnelso - You most certainly can do it!!! Do what you can while pushing through your limits. Know it is ok to take breaks and don't beat yourself over it. I have 3 family members who gave up after the fit test. The test is only to set a base to track your progress... and trust me. If you challenge yourself and follow the cues of Shaun T, you will get stronger and lean. My mother was 250lbs (about 5'9") completed this program multiple times losing 25+ pounds. She couldn't get on the floor to do half of the moves, but she did wall pushups and jogged in place.

I also want to point out the people in the video are VERY fit! Pay attention and you will see them resting. They get those results because they push themselves to their limits and each time they do a workout it is a new challenge to do better than last time. This mere fact is why the program never becomes boring and continues to shape your body. I have faith in you and we are all here to help motivate you!!!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Amen to what ing stated above that's how I do it try to do better then before and I stop but never give up