Motivation

Options
yornma
yornma Posts: 58 Member
I am adding this topic to share motivational quotes, sayings and such that will help keep us motivated. This would be a great reference on days where you just don't feel like workoing out.

Also for those who are on Pinterest, I have a workout motivation board under the same name if you would like to follow it because sometimes images are more powerful than words. :)

Here are some of mine that I picked up from various places on the Internet.

- You may not be lapping everyone, but you are lapping everyone on the couch

-Everyone has to start somewhere.

Replies

• looopylooo
    Options
    I like those & this is a fave:
    Adding this one:" A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
    Lao-tzu
  • Kelly_Girl
    Kelly_Girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites during difficult times is "This too shall pass."

It helps me from going too far down the rabbit hole when I am upset or disappointed about myself, others or life.
  • yornma
    Options
    "I work out in the morning before my brain realizes what I am doing."

"Sweat is fat crying" (if this is the case my fat is sobbing for mercy.. ;)
  • looopylooo
    Options
    @Kelly - "This too shall pass." - oh, that one is beautiful and incredibly important to me and just about as true as it gets:smile:
  • katiefbe
    katiefbe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "Sweat is fat crying"

This is hysterical!!!. It makes me think of the little fat blobs off an episode of Dr Who. Will remember for when dying on the treadmill
  • lovethee23
    lovethee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "If you're tired if starting over, stop giving up."

This one is a little rough around the edges but it's helped keep me from overeating already!
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    "Sweat is fat crying"

This is hysterical!!!. It makes me think of the little fat blobs off an episode of Dr Who. Will remember for when dying on the treadmill

Adipose!! See ticker below!

Perhaps not the best motivational quote but helps when I'm having a craving for something I don't have the calorie budget for: "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips"
  • Kelly_Girl
    Kelly_Girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "I work out in the morning before my brain realizes what I am doing."

"Sweat is fat crying" (if this is the case my fat is sobbing for mercy.. ;)

ROFL
  • yornma
    Options
    "Remember that guy who gave up?
    Neither does anyone else"
  • yornma
    Options
    When I first started working out, I wanted to have a hamburger or cupcake tied to the front of the ellptical so that would be my motivation.. it might help for others to mentally picture their lunch or snack that they are working towards.

Or for those that don't want to think of food, think of those skinny jeans or that shirt you want that's just too small right now and how glorious it will be (it will be glorious ! ) when that shirt is too big because you've overshot the mark.
  • NovaStar82
    Options
    My personal motto for many years (but it's only the last few where I've really been able to appreciate it):

'You can only fly as high as the dreams you dare to live.'

I have a tattoo based around it on my back :)

Another I came across this week and love, is:

'If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse'
  • looopylooo
    Options
    My personal motto for many years (but it's only the last few where I've really been able to appreciate it):

'You can only fly as high as the dreams you dare to live.'

I have a tattoo based around it on my back :)

Another I came across this week and love, is:

'If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse'

Love those! I realise that it IS important for me to keep on track with this MFP logging - not really wanted to the last couple of days. So onwards and upwards, eh?
  • looopylooo
    Options
    When I first started working out, I wanted to have a hamburger or cupcake tied to the front of the ellptical so that would be my motivation.. it might help for others to mentally picture their lunch or snack that they are working towards.

Or for those that don't want to think of food, think of those skinny jeans or that shirt you want that's just too small right now and how glorious it will be (it will be glorious ! ) when that shirt is too big because you've overshot the mark.

Okaaay....so I have 'The walking dead' (American Zombie series) in my head with the 'walkers' following bits of human held out in front of them on sticks. Worked for them....
  • yornma
    Options
    Here's an article from the Oatmeal (it's a funny online comic site) but there was a lot of truth in it and part of the reason I started working out.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running