New Meter

Options
mzhrrs13
mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
Ok, I ran out of testing supplies. During my doctor's appointment, I informed him that I would need refills on everything. So tell me why when I went to pick up my meds, there were no refills on my test strips and that the refill had actually expired? No problem (or so I thought), so my Pharmacist decided to send my doctor a Fax so that I can get it refilled. I gave them a couple of days to process the order. I returned to pick up my prescription and a pack of lancets last night. As luck would have it, they had not heard from my doctor NOR did they have the test strips that I needed.:angry:

To make a long story short, I ended up purchasing the ONsync Diabetic Testing Supply kit from Kroger. I got home, started packing my new meter, lancets and strips in one bag (for easy storage) but once again, as luck would have it, there are NO STRIPS!!! :grumble:

What is it with these folks and my STRIPS??? So I went to work (without testing my glucose) and decided to pull the meter out and become familiar with it by adjusting the settings......Guess what ----The BATTERY IS DEAD!!:noway:

:ohwell: After work, I will make it my business to go BACK to Kroger to get my test strips and new batteries AND they BETTER NOT give me grief!!! Climbing off my vent box now, have a nice day peeps!!!:happy:

Replies

• SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's aweful!! My mom stopped buy the test strips just because of the cost, she said they were 1.00 each! :( Im boarder line diabetic type 2,,,, I sure hope you can get the strips,,, I kinda think they are all a bunch of thieves!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's irritating when you're trying to do what you need to do and it seems like circumstances are against you!

I ended up going with WalMart's ReliOn meter and can get 50 strips for about $9. It was less expensive than the co-pay I was charged for my doctor ordered strips. They seem to be just as accurate and I haven't had any problems with them. My insurance company reduced my strips to 1 a day and I needed more as I lost weight and had to monitor myself more closely...so I went "independent"!

I hope you get everything straightened out without a hassle!
  • mzhrrs13
    mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! I did get the strips but without insurance, I had to pay $65 for 50 test strips!!!:explode: As you can see, I am NOT a happy camper!!! I am gonna pay my doctor a visit today (as well as call my insurance provider) to see what can be done! The Kroger meter and strips are not bad to use because it does not take much blood. If they can agree, I will be happy to use the Kroger brand, but my insurance provider and Doctor needs to get on the same page. Have a great day!!!